collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

Monkey got his tail caught up on a street car line, honey. Didn't think about it till I started twistin' mine, honey. Run back to the track, lay his head on the rail, lose his head about a little piece of tail. Oh sail, oh sail away - Funny Papa Smith, Honey Blues

Author Topic: boogie bill webb  (Read 439 times)

Offline Roscoe

boogie bill webb
« on: August 09, 2013, 01:19:51 PM »
i met bill in new orleans. i was a door to door salesman. i walked up to his house and he was sitting on a stump fixing a lawnmower. there were about a dozen more rusting away in various states of repair. i gave him the sales pitch and we went in his rundown shotgun and over in the corner was a battered up old tele and a 5 foot tall beat up fender amp. i said "you play that?" he said ya and picked it up and ripped off a great version of canned heat by tommy johnson. i asked him where he learned that old stuff and he said from his step daddy who was non other than tommy him self. bills mom had a honky tonk in mississippi and married tommy johnson. boogie bills singing and playing was about as low down as it gets. he had a great song called drinkin and stinkin. dont know if it ever got on a record but if anybody out there has it id like a copy.
thanks
roscoe

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: boogie bill webb
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 01:55:01 PM »
Why not buy the whole CD.  Used, it's $11

http://www.amazon.com/Drinkin-Stinkin-Boogie-Bill-Webb/dp/B000000MO8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376081627&sr=8-1&keywords=drinkin+and+stinkin

However, the one reviewer did not like this electrically produced CD - so I'd sample the songs and make sure it is what you want.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:56:51 PM by Slack »

Offline Roscoe

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 03:26:45 PM »
thankyou. i was pretty sure one of you all would know about him.
roscoe

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 11:47:23 PM »
Why not buy the whole CD.  Used, it's $11

However, the one reviewer did not like this electrically produced CD - so I'd sample the songs and make sure it is what you want.
Oh dear, that's rather harsh!

I know of another reviewer who wasn't too impressed when reviewing it in 1999 concluding that:

As a whole it lacks variety and feeling, though there are a couple of notable exceptions like  "Come For A Ride", where the drummer switches to washboard for a rural variant on the "Come On Over To My House" theme. A fine guitar rendition of the piano piece, "Pinetop's Boogie Woogie", and a near faultless impression of Lowell Fulson on "Black Nights". The King Curtis anthem, "Soul Serenade", should have never been attempted and his balladry on two numbers suits neither he nor his band.

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 01:28:10 AM »
Reviewing the last reviewer's grammar, one would have to conclude that the English language didn't suit he either. ...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal