collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

My first experience with a talking machine... had been back in Helena, Montana, in 1897. I had made a record with my minstrel band on an old cylinder machine - W.C Handy, from Lost Sounds by Tim Brooks

Author Topic: House Party  (Read 137 times)

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
House Party
« on: March 17, 2020, 03:43:03 AM »
Martin C Perdue has kindly made available on Soundcloud these live recordings made at his parentsí house from 1964 to 1968. The link is here:
https://soundcloud.com/ragtime-murderballads

This is what Martin writes as background:
I thought this might be of interest here.  My parents (Chuck & Nan Perdue) were very involved in the 1960s folk revival, and we often had large gatherings and music parties at our place in Fairfax, Virginia.  Along with Ed Morris, they were early managers for Flora Molton and Ed (Eddie) Green, in and around Washington, D.C.  (I was maybe 9 or 10 at the time, but I remember having to give Flora Molton an arm to guide her around, as she was partially blind.) In 1964, my father 'discovered' John Jackson (dad hated that word), and for a few years they managed John as well.  We took him on his first trip out of the state of Virginia, and my folks drove him to Chicago, and other events up and down the east coast.  This recording is from a house party at our place sometime between 1964 and 1968, probably 1965, if I had to guess.  It was originally on a 7-inch reel-to-reel tape, and was eventually transferred to a CD-ROM.  During this session, Eddie Green, Skip James, Flora Molton, and John Jackson all performed for a bit.  You can tell that people were doing some drinking, and enjoying themselves.  ;)

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal