collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

It was music which had been brought up from the Mississippi delta by migrating post World War II Negroes and hardened and toughened and electrified and amplified to suit the dance halls and mean streets of Chicago, and it thrilled me to the very depths of my soul. To a dissolute white kid from the mean streets of a concrete housing estate, this music seemed tailored to echo the way that I felt - Fred McCormick on discovering The Best of Muddy Waters (on Pye International), in a world of Cliff Richard and Helen Shapiro

Linked Events

• Weekend Acoustic Blues Workshop: Trumansburg, NY: April 13, 2013 - April 14, 2013

Author Topic: Weekend Acoustic Blues Workshop: Trumansburg, NY  (Read 651 times)

Offline geo

Weekend Acoustic Blues Workshop: Trumansburg, NY
« on: January 23, 2013, 12:46:44 PM »
Steve James, Del Rey and Peter LaVine will be teaching a 2 day acoustic blues workshop in Trumansburg, NY April 13-14, 2013. Del will be teaching blues on the ukulele, Steve will be teaching acoustic fingerstyle blues, and Peter will be teaching acoustic blues flat picking.

The cost of the workshop is $150. Tickets are available online at http://tcfaroots.eventbrite.com

You can also register for the workshop by sending a check to:
TCFA, P. O. Box 1053, Trumansburg, NY 14886
Make sure to write TCFA Blues Workshop in the check memo.

In addition to the classes, there will be a public performance by Del and Steve Saturday evening (April 13). Anyone attending the workshop gets in free and public tickets will be $18 in advance, $20 at the door.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 01:42:35 PM by Slack »

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Re: Weekend Acoustic Blues Workshop: Trumansburg, NY
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 10:02:19 PM »
Just thought that I'd give this worthy event a bump since it's coming up soon. If I lived in the Finger Lakes area I'd be there. Good luck and good times to all.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 10:03:57 PM by Rivers »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal