collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

[Bull City] Red pulled his hat down over his eyes and said to her, "Cora Mae [Fuller's wife], I didn't get but one letter from you when I was in Virginia." To which [Blind Boy] Fuller replied, "Well, that was one too many." - Bull City Red, from an article about Richard Trice by David Menconi in the Raleigh [NC] News and Observer, 24Jun98

Author Topic: 2013 Blues Images Calendar  (Read 3351 times)

Offline Bunker Hill

Re: 2013 Blues Images Calendar
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2013, 08:46:52 AM »
The "never-before-seen" photo of Memphis Minnie appeared as plate 7 in Paul and Beth Garon's Memphis Minnie biography
Prior to that on the front cover of the 1982 Original LP Memphis Minnie 1944-49 (OJL-24), albeit probably taken from a Chicago Defender type publication. This was remarked upon when the LP was originally reviewed - back sleeve reads "photo courtesy Harvey Newland".

Offline CF

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2013, 03:51:01 AM »
From John Tefteller over at the Real Blues Forum:

You WILL hear the last of the missing Blake's on the 2014 Calendar CD along with some other SUPRISES, that I am not ready to announce yet--but this COULD VERY WELL BE our BEST CD ever!!!
Stand By If You Wanna Hear It Again . . .

Offline CF

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2013, 08:03:08 PM »
Another exciting update & request from Mr. Tefteller from THE REAL BLUES FORUM on Facebook:

John Tefteller
Doing the final selection of tracks for the 2014 Classic Blues Artwork From The 1920's Calendar and CD series. I need THE MISSISSIPPI SHEIKS Okeh 8810 "Crackin' Them Things"/"Back To Mississippi" in E or better shape...does ANYONE out there have a clean copy of this?? Need to borrow it for a couple weeks for remastering by Richard Nevins...you will get it back and you will get a stack of FREE CALENDARS for you and close friends and relatives! Call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx if you know where one could be had....thanks and JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE HOW GREAT THE 2014 CALENDAR WILL BE!!! New, never before seen photos of legendary Blues artists, stunning original graphic advertisements and a CD with stunning quality and selection including some LONG LOST records that surfaced within the last year.
Stand By If You Wanna Hear It Again . . .

Offline Cleoma

• Howdy!
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2013, 09:09:55 PM »
Another good reason to stay alive one more year.....

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal