collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

Trying to remember something that just isn't there is right up my alley - Stuart

Author Topic: Blind Weenie's Blues- Available Now!  (Read 4024 times)

Offline unezrider

Re: Blind Weenie's Blues- Available Now!
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2012, 03:13:46 PM »
hello friend,
just wanted to say i've been listening to the cd since it arrived last night, & it's pretty damn good! (if i may say so)  :P
"Be good, & you will be lonesome." -Mark Twain

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2012, 03:03:50 PM »
Received mine today--Imported it into iTunes, entered the info and submitted the info to the CD database. Hopefully, it will be available shortly. I'm not responsible for any errors, 'cause a more competent person should have done it already!  :P

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2012, 11:30:09 AM »
I'm one of those anti-apple types so I wouldn't even know how:-)

On another note, I am pleased to announce that the CD is now available on CDBaby-

http://cdbaby.com/cd/blindweeniesblues2

Please feel free to continue placing orders direct with me as above, but CDBaby is now an alternative option, including a download.  We will arrange to make the artwork available online for downloaders.

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2012, 03:30:46 PM »
Hi Simon:

I just use iTunes by default--and an old version at that. When my son got an iPod back in 2004, he imported a bunch of CDs and I adopted iTunes as a kind of storage and organizational system. My daughter is a big fan of Winamp.

I guess I could be snide and say that a lot of this stuff is just high tech gimcrackery, but I think that  saying that it isn't for everyone is a more accurate way of expressing how I feel about it--to each his or her own. In any event, I just wanted to tip folks off that I did the grunt work and submitted the CD info to the Gracenote database so that no one else would spend time doing it.

I listened to the CD all the way through yesterday after submitting the info. The density of talent on it is quite impressive, to say the least.

Edited to add: I kept trying to look in the back of "Frenchies" in the liner notes photo 'cause it sounded like O'Muck was playing in there...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:24:56 PM by Stuart »

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2012, 04:13:51 PM »
Just ordered mine! My first time as a solo act on a record and I started performing in 1968...it feels like a strangely delayed experience.
Are any non Weenie affiliated media going to review it I wonder?
My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music.
Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuckOVision

Offline dj

• Global Moderator
  • Howdy!
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2012, 04:39:09 PM »
I just got this today - ordered via cdbaby.  Beautiful artwork and totally cool label.  Dang, we sure have a bunch of good singers and players around here.  Thanks and congratulations to all.

Online Marshcat

• Aloha!
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2012, 01:12:46 AM »
Just got my copies today - thanks, Simon! Great listening!

Offline RobBob

• Blues is truth.
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2012, 11:37:55 AM »
Sound great, good variety and lots of music.  Looks like a Yazoo release and could hold its own with them IMHO.

Offline CF

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2012, 11:23:11 AM »
Sounds & looks great guys, good work!
Stand By If You Wanna Hear It Again . . .

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2012, 02:23:23 PM »
I received my CD yesterday (thanks Simon!) and I've been listening yesterday and today --- outstanding job all around!  There are some very talented folks out there in weenie land.  I'll get Blind Weenie's Blues on Weenie Juke forthwith.   :)

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2012, 02:27:33 AM »
Glad you're enjoying it.  Bein gon the juke will be quite an accolade!

Anyone waiting to order from CDBaby will find it was restocked yesterday- so now is the time...

Offline Mike Shipman

• Howdy!
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2012, 07:42:31 AM »
Had my copy for some weeks now and its had loadsa plays! It's been really good having met some of the players on the disc at Euroweenie as it really adds another dimension to it.
Well done everyone who contributed.
Mike Shipman
New Forest - Hampshire, UK.

Offline BlueInGreen

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2012, 11:36:28 AM »
Got my copy of the physical CD the other day. Thanks Simon!

Sounds fantastic and has lots of variety. It is so cool to hear one my little harmonica solos in among all the great tracks from the members here. Simon, thank you very much for including my song.

It's also been fun to Google the other players and hear more of your songs. Very talented and accomplished musicians! If any of you are interested in doing some remote recording collaborations, please let me know. Not the same as playing together but I'd love to do it.

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2012, 06:14:44 AM »
Cover looks great, well done!
Ax
I'm currently in the process of writing a lengthy review which will be submitted to Blues & Rhythm magazine. 

Ahem. May I most respectfully ask what might have become of said review? Is it already published? I couldn't find anything on B & R's website, so I assume it's not online. In which number might the review be, if it indeed is published?

Thanks,

Pan

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2012, 06:32:38 AM »
Argghhhhhhhh. Mea culpa.

I'd written one and a bit paragraphs when my younger brother suffered a stroke  and constant travelling to and from Suffolk combined with hours on the phone sorting out his care it completely went off the radar. I won't bore you with the ins and outs but I'll see if I can't find the time to finish what I started.

Shame on me.  :'( :'( :'(

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal