collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

Everybody lost their style after Whitney and Mariah. There's no depth. No taste. It's like cooking collard greens and not putting any meat in them - James Brown, upon turning 70, who was getting ready to take his jumpsuits and high heels on the road again during the summer of 2003. The hardest working man in showbiz has a lot to say about music today, and he doesn't sugarcoat it

Author Topic: Jean & Marshall Stearns research  (Read 631 times)

Offline BB24

Jean & Marshall Stearns research
« on: September 28, 2011, 12:55:45 AM »
 I am trying to track down where music and dance researchers Jean and Marshall Stearns donated their papers/research materials -- surely they are in a jazz archives/library somewhere, but I haven't been able to discover where. Can anybody help?

Offline Bunker Hill

Re: Jean & Marshall Stearns research
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 02:10:57 AM »
Stearns founded The Institute of Jazz Studies in 1949 and in the mid 60s this was transferred to Rutgers University. Is the archive no longer there?

Offline uncle bud

• Administrator
  • Rank amateur
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 06:06:13 AM »
Rutgers has at least 8 cubic feet of it listed here: http://newarkwww.rutgers.edu/IJS/jazz3a.html

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 06:21:53 AM »
Rutgers has at least 8 cubic feet of it listed here: http://newarkwww.rutgers.edu/IJS/jazz3a.html
Wonderful. I only recall it because in 1966ish there was a news item by Simon Napier in Blues Unlimited saying that Sterns' Institute of Jazz Studies was moving out of his NYC apartment because it had become unmanageable where it was.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal