collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
My first night in Chicago, my friends they really treated me fine. And overnight, they all changed like Daylight-Saving-Time - Chicago Blues 1941 Lonnie Johnson

Author Topic: Blind Blake and Irene Scruggs -- "Married Man Blues"  (Read 1624 times)

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
Blind Blake and Irene Scruggs -- "Married Man Blues"
« on: September 25, 2011, 11:40:04 PM »
Anyone know the matrix number(s) for these two takes? I'm assuming somewhere in L-349 to L-352 based on B&GR but am curious. Also, does anyone know the story of where these came from? I seem to remember Tefteller's calendar just saying they were unreleased test pressings - it'd be interesting to know more.
Chris

Offline Blind Arthur

• Romancescam
Re: Blind Blake and Irene Scruggs -- "Married Man Blues"
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 02:19:31 AM »
I think I saw them in a Nauck?s VRA catalogue in ca. 2003 first, alongside the two Tommy Johnson test pressings and two of the "Hometown Skiffle" and others, blues and non blues related. I believe they are from a box of test pressings that was nearly abandonned in the Grafton area.
You canīt trust your baby when the ice man comes hanging around :D

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 02:41:08 PM »
Thanks -- always nice to know the story behind the find (or at least some of it)!

Offline Bed Bug Bill

• Howdy!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 02:13:46 PM »
Hi Banjochris..... John T. has a "thing" about Irene. He snatched a copy of Itching Heel from me.Other known copy was cracked to the centre. Mine was just distressed somewhat.Ireland via England.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal