collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
My mother, she died and left me in 1920... And after then I got on my own, I could go everywhere I wanted then without letting anybody know where I was - Blind Willie McTell

Author Topic: Side Street Steppers Debut CD - Preorder Now!!!  (Read 668 times)

Offline DanceGypsy

• Side Street Steppers
Side Street Steppers Debut CD - Preorder Now!!!
« on: July 26, 2011, 08:17:10 AM »
This is it, folks, the one you have been waiting for!  The Side Street Steppers are recording their debut record, Memphis Stomp, this summer, and we plan to release the CD in the early fall.  We need your help to do it, however, and you can preorder the CD or buy into other great rewards (case/bumper stickers, signed glossy band photos, cameo appearances in upcoming music videos, live performances, etc) by backing our Kickstarter campaign:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1989322455/side-street-steppers-memphis-stomp-cd

The Side Street Steppers are Christian Stanfield (guitars, tenor banjo, mandolin), Vera Stanfield (ukuleles, banjo uke, 5-string banjo), Nathan Breckenridge (upright bass) and Emily Breckenridge (washboard percussion and ukulele).  We all sing.  We present vintage music, primarily from the 1920's and '30's - here's the track list for the upcoming CD...

1. Hesitation Blues
2. CC Rider
3. T'Ain't No Sin (To Dance Around In Your Bones)
4. Hottest Stuff In Town (The Coal Man Song)
5. Southern Blues
6. I Ain't Your Hen, Mr. Fly Rooster
7. Deep River Blues
8. Keep My Skillet Good & Greasy
9. Memphis Stomp
10. Mythological Blues
11. Elevator Papa, Switchboard Mama
12. Tentin' Down In Tennessee
13. Dallas Rag
14. Lindyberg Hop
15. Mississippi Heavy Water Blues
16. Wild About My Lovin'
17. The Blackest Crow

There will be extensive liner notes, awesome photos/graphics and some of the best music recorded this side of WWII.  For those who haven't had a taste already, here are the two official music videos we have released so far this summer - both of these tracks are off of the upcoming record!

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
Re: Side Street Steppers Debut CD - Preorder Now!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 12:03:47 PM »
I'd just like to urge anyone who has five minutes spare, to use the forum search tools to check out DanceGypsy's history of posts.  Sample a few from back in 2009, a few from 2010, and then watch these two videos again.

It is fantastic to see the development, ending in consumate performances like the ones in the recent videos, along with an imminent CD which I'm guessing will be well worth the purchase price (or pre-order!).

Its also good to think that Weenie community may just have played a little part.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 12:07:21 PM by Norfolk Slim »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal