collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

Babe, I ain't goodlooking and I don't dress fine. But when it come to loving, I'll pacify your mind - Bo Carter

Author Topic: Weary Blues / Sugarbush Rag featuring Tom's 15yo daughter  (Read 543 times)

Offline Doc White

• Good medicine
    • Doc White
Weary Blues / Sugarbush Rag featuring Tom's 15yo daughter
« on: March 29, 2011, 07:09:48 PM »
This is a gig video that features Kaitlin Rapecis the 15 yo daughter of my playing partner Tabasco Tom Rogerson. She kicks in about halfway through so skip the front bit. She's only been playing fiddle for 18 months. She also plays and sings a killer version of Big Rock Candy Mountain and is on our upcoming CD playing fiddle and singing backup on the Kieran Kane song 8 More Miles.

Offline Doc White

• Good medicine
    • Doc White
Re: Weary Blues / Sugarbush Rag featuring Tom's 15yo daughter
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 09:18:11 PM »
Hi Toby,
Funnily enough, I just got the mando that day. I literally took it out of the box before the gig, whacked the hotplate on and tuned it up. The action was quite high for me and it was strung with mediums (I prefer lights) so I wasn't as fluid as I normally would be. Now that those issues have been corrected I love that mandolin. It beats my 1916 F2 for playability and volume (as you'd expect) but I really like the tone of the thing.
Cheers,
Doc

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal