collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I love the music business, but it sucks. The only thing I can liken it to is the drug business. Everybody's out to get you, no one's legit, and the only people getting paid are at the top. - Syl Johnson

Author Topic: dearmond sound hole pickup  (Read 1108 times)

Offline unezrider

dearmond sound hole pickup
« on: February 26, 2010, 08:58:14 PM »
hello friend,
i just landed me a good deal on an old dearmond sound hole pickup. it's the predicessor to the more common '210' sound hole pickup that lightnin' hopkins, among others, used in the 60's. i don't know a great deal about this particular model other than i believe they first came out on '47. i would imagine this is an early '50's model just because my wire is not cloth covered. though it does seem original.
the sound it produces is more electric than acoustic. a really cool, raspy & raunchy fat tone through my blues jr. amp. just think of the more countrified electric blues from the late '40's ? early '50's. if anyone has the wonderful ace records release, "the modern down home blues sessions, vol 1", you know the sound i am talking about. & the tone for slide is just nasty & wonderful.
the pickup was really tight in my stella, so i moved it to my washburn. but overall i'm pretty happy with it. it's a sturdy pickup that uses a film type technology. don't know much about that, but the littlebrotherblues.com had a bit of info on them. a fun little toy!
chris
"Be good, & you will be lonesome." -Mark Twain

Tags: Dearmond Pickup 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal