collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
"When the waitress brought our drinks, I picked up my beer and proposed a toast. 'To John Hammond, for bringing Son to Columbia Records.' Son looked at me for a few seconds and then shook his head. He picked up his bourbon and smiled at me for the first time all day. 'To Robert Johnson, for being dead!'" - Dick Waterman

Author Topic: 78 Quarterly still in business?  (Read 4074 times)

Offline Spatz

78 Quarterly still in business?
« on: February 10, 2010, 01:46:23 AM »
 Has anyone information whether 78 Quarterly is still active. I know they don't adhere to any schedule other than to consecutively number each each publication, and at times there may be years between issues. Seems like they were on a role a couple years ago, around the time of the Charley Patton seed catalog picture discovery. I've send a couple emails that were never answered. Thanks, Rob

Offline Bunker Hill

Re: 78 Quarterly still in business?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 02:10:30 AM »
Last issue seems to have been published in 2005 and not one since - see discussion here http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=60&topic=881.0

Offline phhawk

• Howdy!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 11:57:06 AM »
Howdy folks, It's my impression that Pete Whelan (the publisher) is, for what ever reason, not able to keep up the job of publishing 78 Quarterly and there are not likely to be anymore editions. However, I would love to be surprised and maybe Pete could get it together or someone else could take up the job and keep it going.

Regards, Phil

Offline LD50

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 12:43:53 PM »
It's not too surprising that Pete retired 78 Quarterly after issue 12 -- that issue finished the alphabet on the 'world's rarest 78's' series, so he probably viewed it as a good cutoff point. (But in that issue, he DID say he intended to keep putting out issues.)

Offline phhawk

• Howdy!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 03:51:34 PM »
I'm not sure that Pete retired 78 Quarterly, as much as the project just ran out of gas, at least for now.

Phil

Offline thedeltablues

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 08:45:21 AM »
I have Pete's number if anyone is interested.  Last I heard he has all the available issues, except number 1 and 2 - but he does have a later version of the two that are combined.  But he still has all the issues. 

Offline TonyGilroy

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 10:33:52 AM »

Anyone missing 78 Quarterly should consider the first Frog annual magazine which is a very similar type of magazine (plus CD) which is well worth getting.

Offline DanceGypsy

• Side Street Steppers
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 12:27:28 PM »
Where can we find Frog magazine online?  Google keeps pointing toward a French arts magazine...

Online eric

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 12:40:37 PM »
Where can we find Frog magazine online?

http://www.frogrecords.co.uk/index.html
--
Eric

Tags: 78 Quarterly 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal