collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

When you get up into heaven, when you get up into heaven, you'll find a big stream of molasses and a big lot of flapjacks sitting on each side. And it's a lot of butter on each side and a big knife to cut the butter with. When you get down to the stream of molasses you're going to cut the butter with your knife, you're going to drag the butter through the flapjacks, you're going to drag the flapjacks through the big stream of molasses, you're going to drag them across your mouth and say, "A bow bow bow bow bow..." - Lead Belly, Sermon on Pancakes, 1941

Author Topic: One Man Band Recordings  (Read 960 times)

Offline daveharrisonemanband

One Man Band Recordings
« on: October 17, 2009, 04:24:04 PM »
Hi folks, It's me again. Still working on my one man band book. Well into Jesse Fuller but to my horror I've discovered I'm missing 2 albums of his work. I'd like to locate them, along with a few others and am willing to purchase (but not online, I'll send cash for product, snail mail) them in LP, CD, cassette or CDR formats, even mp3s.

The recordings are:
-Jesse Fuller - Folk Lyric 126 - 1962 - may have been called San Francisco Bay Blues (but not the Good Time Jazz session) or possibly Last of The Minstrel Folk Singers or something like that.
-Jesse Fuller - Fontana recording from England - 1965 - don't know title
-Abner Jay - any except Mississippi recent release
-John "Paul" Blackman - One Man Band - Folkways 02605
-Joe Barrick - are there any recordings?
If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated! I'll be watching!

Offline Bunker Hill

Re: One Man Band Recordings
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 12:37:59 AM »
"Jesse Fuller Greatest of The Negro Minstrels" see entry 10 here http://www.wirz.de/music/fullefrm.htm
Seems like some of the songs from this session have appeared on an Arhoolie CD.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal