collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

And I want you to take this to your grave, to your grave. No matter how good you sound, you don't sound good to somebody. And no matter how bad you sound, you sound good to somebody. Most of your criticism comes from people who can't pick their teeth, can't pick nothin'™. They say "He can't play, but they can't do nothin'"". Trust me now, don't ever sit down playin' to entertain, to satisfy your audience, because anything you play ain't gonna satisfy all of them anyway. Play to the best of your ability - Jimmy "Duck" Holmes from Bentonia MS at PTCBW 2016

Author Topic: Lonesome Dan Kase's just put out a new CD...  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Doc Brainerd

Lonesome Dan Kase's just put out a new CD...
« on: January 31, 2009, 11:27:03 AM »
It's called So Glad I'm Livin'. The question is how the heck do you purchase it?  Its not available through CDbaby yet.  (Dan, if you read this, maybe you could provide purchasing info.)

For any of you not familiar with Lonesome Dan Kase he's a Minneapolis-based blues artist who plays pre-war blues as well as a few originals in the pre-war style.  He's put out a few solo albums over the last few years, as well as a couple as part of the Crush Collision Trio.  I saw him play a few times while I was living in MN and have really enjoyed his shows as well as his cds.

Dan doing a spot on KUMD (Duluth, MN) playin a few songs, talking about his music and the new cd:
http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/kumd/.artsmain/article/15/392/1458713/Upcoming.In-Studio.Sessions/Lonesome.Dan.Kase/

Dan's homepage:
http://www.lonesomedan.com/

Offline Deluge

• My Myspace Page
Re: Lonesome Dan Kase's just put out a new CD...
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 07:00:09 AM »
Here is a clip of Dan playing a late night gig at the KCK in Minneapolis.

http://www.youtube.com/v/HvXHSKJ3sWI&hl=en&fs=1

« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 07:48:14 AM by uncle bud »

Offline Short Balding Guy

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 09:02:03 AM »
Good day Weenie folks.  I am a long time subscriber, but a new poster. 

I just felt a huge urge to comment reguarding this post about Lonesome Dan Kase.  I saw this gentleman play live at a local coffee shop during this past winter Holiday.  Holy hannah Dan played his heart out.  The shop had perhaps a dozen folks and he played with feeling some terrific blues.  I heard Blind Lemon Jefferson channeled by Dan that was just superb.  I liked his version of a couple of songs better than BLJ's.  The songs he played spanned several famous "oldies" and some originals.  I was impressed.  His Guild and National resonantor were humming/barking/whineying and singing that evening. 

When I have free time to go and listen in MPLS/St.Paul, MN USA I check his schedule.  So far no matches, but I REALLY look forward to the next time.  Post how you can find his new CD.  I ordered an older one and have enjoyed listening to it. 

Best, Eric  -
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 09:28:52 AM by Short Balding Guy »
Eric-

Offline Doc Brainerd

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 09:19:34 AM »
SBG - Sounds like you've enjoyed Dan's music as much as I have!   ;)
I fully echo your sentiments!

I've been checking his website fairly frequently to see if he has put up ordering info (as well as sound samples) for the new cd, but so far nothing.  But then again he hasn't even updated his performance calender for Feb, yet.

Deluge - hat-tip for the youtube clip.

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 09:27:36 AM »
Hey Doc;  I just poped an e-mail to LDK asking about CD's and schedule.

Fan-yes!  I see/hear a ton of appealing music from this young man.  His slide playing is grand and his fingerpicking is the best, IMO.  BTW, his National guitar is an oldster and has sooo much special tone.  I wish for him to get some recognision and of course more local booking.  I got home that evening and googled the web and found relatively little. 

Eric  -
Eric-

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 09:00:38 AM »
LDK's e-mail reply;
"Hi Eric,
 Thanks for the email. Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. I'm going to have the cd up on cdbaby in the next few weeks. I can also just send you one from my house. That's easy to do. Thanks for listening at the Coffee Grounds. Yeah, the Blind Lemon stuff is a constant work in progress. I've been playing with heavy strings on my top three and that's made the Lemon stuff sound a little better I think. I have my scheudle up for Feb. (another thing I was way behind on) so maybe I'll see out at a show. If you want me to send you a cd they're $12.00. Thanks, again. See you later.
Dan "

Eric  -
Eric-

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal