collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

You know I was never interested in making records and I always preferred to live a quiet life; just unknown in my basement - Kokomo Arnold, in Paul Oliver's Blues Off the Record

Author Topic: Centrum Bottleneck Weekend Jan 31- Feb 3  (Read 1431 times)

Offline orvillej

• Bama-Lama Bama-Loo- Little Richard
    • orvillejohnson.com
Centrum Bottleneck Weekend Jan 31- Feb 3
« on: December 23, 2007, 11:47:23 AM »
I want to start reminding everyone that the first Centrum Slide & Steel event of 2008 is coming up at the end of January. Mike Dowling, Steve James, and yours truly will be teaching Bottleneck Slide, covering several tunings, techniques and musical approaches. you can find more details here...

http://www.centrum.org/slide/

Attendance for this is limited so register soon!...best wishes...orvillej

Offline orvillej

• Bama-Lama Bama-Loo- Little Richard
    • orvillejohnson.com
Re: Centrum Bottleneck Weekend Jan 31- Feb 3
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 07:52:50 PM »
just a note to thank the folks that attended and had a great weekend with me, MikeD and SteveJ. We dined like kings on food lovingly prepared by Joan, Tom, and Farren, jammed into the night, were watched over by GeorgeR while Peter McC celebrated his birthday in Looseeana, had a great concert in the Wheeler on Saturday night and generally had fun, fun, fun.

the mini-workshop idea is pretty cool. The next slide one is in July and will focus on lap-style dobro. I've got three excellent teachers lined up and will give you more info later in another thread...oj
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 05:44:33 PM by FrontPage »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal