collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

I killed a 6-pack just to watch it die - Anon., bumper sticker

Author Topic: Weenie Juke Status  (Read 44366 times)

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: Weenie Juke Status
« Reply #255 on: August 24, 2013, 02:06:06 PM »
All moved, juke is back.  Thanks!

Offline beljum

« Reply #256 on: August 25, 2013, 03:33:19 PM »

Thanks!!

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #257 on: December 19, 2013, 08:59:04 AM »
Just in case anyone is wondering what has happened to the Juke:

info@viastreaming.com
6:32 AM (3 hours ago)

to me
Dear ViaStreaming Customer, as a Valued Customer, ViaStreaming is committed to keeping you informed about any changes in the status of your service with us.

-Summary Description of Outage: s7.viastreaming.net server routing/switch failure
-Location: ViaStreaming USA Network - Equinix DC - Ashburn VA - USA
-Duration: n/a

On Thursday December 19 - 7:15 PM CST - (USA Central Standard Time), s7.viastreaming.net server experienced an unscheduled hardware outage routing/switch failure: the hardware device that failed was common to a number of circuits on the network and therefore had impact on multiple customers: we will replace server with new hardware and move the drives to the new server.

We would like to apologies for any inconvenience this has caused and assure you that we will be taking steps to prevent this type of issue from reoccurring in future and thank you for your patience during the outage.

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to contact our support department at:
support@viastreaming.com

We deeply appreciate your business, and look forward to serving you in the future!

Kind Regards

Mark Overmere
Support Dept.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #258 on: December 19, 2013, 11:56:22 AM »
Sounds like the Juke is back up.

Offline FrontPage

• Global Moderator
  • Not dead yet!
« Reply #259 on: December 23, 2013, 10:49:10 PM »
Any thoughts as to why Juke won't play via TuneIn Radio (mobile devices with app , or Sonos). Search finds Juke, but I get a streaming error when I attempt a connection.

Sent from Mr. Page's iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers,
FrontPage

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #260 on: December 24, 2013, 07:27:50 AM »
The LoudCity TuneIn page works fine for me.... on an iPhone and using Safari to access.

What App are you trying to use?  How is Sonos getting the stream - through Shoutcast listing?

Offline FrontPage

• Global Moderator
  • Not dead yet!
« Reply #261 on: December 24, 2013, 04:24:51 PM »
I wonder if it is being blocked into Canada? I'm using TuneIn on the iPhone, and Sonos uses their app too.

Cheers,
FrontPage

Offline FrontPage

• Global Moderator
  • Not dead yet!
« Reply #262 on: December 24, 2013, 04:33:53 PM »
It streams just fine from LoudCity directly, but TuneIn encounters a streaming error, whether on iPhone, iPad, or Sonos.

Cheers,
FrontPage

Offline hms

• Howdy!
« Reply #263 on: February 24, 2014, 04:26:58 AM »
From the LoudCity rules:
All listeners must be directed from your website (if you have one) to the LoudCity website in order to listen to the stream. This is because our license covers performing music on our domain, but not on yours.

This would suggest that access can only be via the LoudCity website and not thorough other streaming servers/aggregators.
There was also an announcement in February that LoudCity was closing due to finances, although it seems that they are currently in discussions with someone to keep the service running.

But I could be completly wrong!
h
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 04:35:23 AM by hms »

Offline garyweeks

« Reply #264 on: March 01, 2014, 05:59:14 PM »
Looks like LoudCity has given up the ghost, their site now just explains to the broadcaster some rules about licensing and recommends a site, SteamLicensing.com, that will provide that service for the broadcaster. Weenie Campbell's Juke Radio cannot be found on that site.  I will really miss this station, does anyone know if there is a plan to keep it broadcasting?

Offline Stumblin

• Got the Blues, can't be satisfied
« Reply #265 on: March 04, 2014, 07:41:24 AM »
Looks like LoudCity has given up the ghost, their site now just explains to the broadcaster some rules about licensing and recommends a site, SteamLicensing.com, that will provide that service for the broadcaster. Weenie Campbell's Juke Radio cannot be found on that site.  I will really miss this station, does anyone know if there is a plan to keep it broadcasting?
I sure hope so. I just tried tuning in today, missing it already.

Offline Stumblin

• Got the Blues, can't be satisfied
« Reply #266 on: March 10, 2014, 03:24:42 AM »
I'm no expert, but there do seem to be quite a few online radio hosting services. Some claim to be free, though probably with some advertising.
Perhaps the juke could be migrated to one of those?

Tags: