collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

My personal vision of the banjo starts with a .22 and a groundhog - Walt Koken

Author Topic: Weenie Juke Status  (Read 44494 times)

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Re: Weenie Juke Status
« Reply #180 on: January 10, 2012, 05:01:14 PM »
Hmmmm indeed. Impossible to even guess from this distance if the two are related.

I'd like to see the server logs on the juke m/c. I'd guess it's losing its local network connection temporarily. What flavor of internet server are we running on the juke m/c?

It may be something to do with the new juke box in the left menu column, it's a long shot but the timing is right. I'll take a look at the new code versus the old.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 05:22:13 PM by Rivers »

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #181 on: January 11, 2012, 07:50:47 AM »
I think I found the culprit - so y'all let me know if it happens again.

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #182 on: January 11, 2012, 10:36:22 AM »
Don't tell me the hamster fell of its treadmill.  >:D

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #183 on: January 11, 2012, 10:46:24 AM »
Something like that.  My son, over the holidays, installed a program on my iMac - and let's just say it was interfering with my home network.   :D

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #184 on: February 26, 2012, 07:57:47 AM »
The following email, received this morning, is probably a better explanation of why the Juke dropped out.  Hopefully it is a smooth transition to the new Loud City site (Lud City provides the streaming servers for Weenie Juke), but if no, you know why.   :D

----------------------

Unplanned Launch of New LoudCity Site Tomorrow - Sunday Feb 26 between 4pm and 7PM EST
Inbox
x

LoudCity no-reply@loudcity.net via sendgrid.me
2:11 AM (6 hours ago)

to me
Hey Broadcasters,

Just a quick heads ups with minimal gum flapping :)

WHAT WERE DOING

We've been working days, nights weekends and holidays on the new LoudCity listener website and broadcaster dashboard. In light of recent data center issues we've decided the best move is to launch it tomorrow.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:

Don't worry. We've taken great care to make sure no links changed. Links from your site to the LoudCity directory page and any custom content pages will work.

Third, we'll send an email out around noon-ish tomorrow. It will contain a link to the new listener site, the broadcaster dashboard site and your password for the dashboard.

Fourth, take a walk through Sunday afternoon. If you find an issue e-mail support@loudcity.net.

Fifth, later in the day, when the audience level has dropped and you've all gotten a chance to kick the tires, we'll throw the switch and loudcity.com/loudcity.net will be replaced by new versions.

WHY WE'RE DOING IT:

We're rolling rolling out the new site so last minute because the data-center where we are hosted is forcibly migrating all of it's customers to another one. They are choking out network bandwidth In the process of migrating so many servers, and those servers waiting migration queue, like LoudCity's, are getting walked over. They haven't been owning up to the migration being the cause of the problem, but a basic network inspection shows it's them:) That's why the there have been periods of slowness and drop out.

So we figured, well...if a move is inevitable then it's best to find a new home with new furniture while we're at it.

Happy Broadcasting!

--LoudCity
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:59:12 AM by Slack »

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #185 on: May 17, 2012, 07:01:44 AM »
FYI,  I'll be doing some repair, maintenance and upgrading on the Juke machine over the next three or four days --- so if the stream is down, you'll know why.   :)

Thanks,
Slack

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #186 on: May 18, 2012, 06:10:16 AM »
FYI, the Juke upgrade over-wrote a configuration file, the old backup config doen't seem to work, so the Juke is currently not connecting to Loudcity, our Audio Host.  LoudCity has upgraded their system, so nothing looks the same to me.  :D  Support ticket is in, News at 10.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #187 on: May 18, 2012, 01:07:45 PM »
OK, I was able to garner info from an old configuration file... the Juke is back on the wire.  Still more work to do, but dumb mistake #1 has been overcome.  :D

Offline Gumbo

• So Papa climbed up on top of the house
« Reply #188 on: May 18, 2012, 01:27:25 PM »
and it's now the weekend - enjoy :)

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #189 on: May 22, 2012, 06:41:51 AM »
FYI, I am working on getting the cross-fading fixed on the Juke.  e.g. getting a second of silence between tracks.  I lost the setting and for some reason it is a tough one to get back!

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #190 on: July 10, 2012, 07:38:54 AM »
The Juke is down until Time-Warner gets cable service restored to my house.  The beautiful southwest is now into its 'monsoon season' where we get the majority of our 7 inches of annual rain fall.  A lightening hit took out power last night for about three hours and I'm still waiting on internet service to be restored.

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #191 on: July 10, 2012, 08:09:50 AM »
I knew it - Slack sits down there in his house in Texas playing records on the Juke manually throughout the day and night. When does the poor man sleep?!  ;)
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #192 on: July 10, 2012, 08:13:27 AM »
We must of gotten several inches in Austin last night, one of those wild and crazy Texas thunderstorms came through where the rain, thunder and lightning comes in so hard and fast you just watch in awe. For once it did not veer-off and go around my house and we had a mini flood in the drive and carport. Huge bangs overhead almost simultaneous with the lightning flash, torrential sustained rain, great entertainment.

Anyway, I'm glad the current development didn't cause the outage which was my first thought. FYI to juke users, we've been experimenting with migrating the juke to the portal. This will make it easier to support & enables real quick development of new features. It will allow us to take advantage of all the portal benefits like plug & play left / right blocks, and provide a consistent look & feel.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:44:27 AM by Rivers »

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #193 on: July 12, 2012, 04:41:48 AM »
Juke is down this morning.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #194 on: July 12, 2012, 06:41:31 AM »
??