collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

Kassie Jones - a masterpiece. Most surreal version of the Casey Jones theme. Keeps digressing into talk of other things. Freudian dream imagery - John Fahey, on Furry Lewis

Author Topic: Weenie Juke Status  (Read 44256 times)

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: Weenie Juke Status
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2004, 09:10:15 AM »
Thanks Eddy - we like it too!  And we plan on improving it and adding features as time goes on.  (BTW, our Jivin' Juke project group thus far is Frankie, Uncle Bud, Richard and myself)

Cheers,
slack

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2004, 11:12:58 AM »
The Juke was down this morning - my router locked up for some reason.  Juke is now back up.

Offline jed

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2004, 11:52:37 AM »
Linksys or SMC?  The little ones do this every so often.  A scheduled auto-power cycle can minimize it.

FYI,
Jed
ok then:  http://jed.net

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2004, 12:02:49 PM »
Linksys.  You can program an auto power within the switch? Or are you talking about some external re-booter?

Offline jed

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2004, 01:15:03 PM »
Prolly can't program any of those sub-$100 routers to power-cycle itself.  You _may_ be able to address it from a domain controller-perspective, or with some available applet - or maybe by writing a script that will mimic its internal "reboot me" button (who knows, maybe Linksys will respond to a support request).  Still, power-cycling has historically been my refresh of choice.

Also, you may (or may not) find that putting a line filter on the unit will stabilize the voltage and stop the sticking - unless, of course, it's already on a UPS...

The simple way is to use one of those programmable lamp switch things at the outlet, and implement a daily (or weekly) "system maintenance" downtime period.  Of course, if you're streaming all over the globe, you want the smallest possible downtime window I think you can find something at the hardware store, maybe for $25-35, that will give you a 15-minute offtime.

Offline jed

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2004, 01:18:46 PM »
And we sure are glad!  Willie Johnson, Ari E. - oh, boy!

Grateful Jed

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2004, 01:28:11 PM »
Hello All,

We've apparently lost our spiffy webpage interface to the Juke.  I'll have to look into it this evening.

In the meantime the Juke is still streaming and you can Listen to the juke with the following links:

48K - http://grace.fast-serv.com:9230/

24K - http://24.242.4.62:8000/

Thanks!
Slack

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2004, 02:47:06 PM »
Juke Webpage - back in business.

:D

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2004, 11:52:08 AM »
The Juke was down for awhile this morning - I've re-booted the machine and it appears all is now well.

Thanks,
slack

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2004, 03:35:52 PM »
I'll be doing some maintenance and some upgrading on the Juke this evening - so there will be periods of time that the Juke is down.   I'll try not to interrupt our 'regularly scheduled programmig' - for very long.

Thanks!

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2004, 08:40:21 PM »
OK folks, I've upgraded the Juke software to the next version and there are a couple of problems, namely our Station ID's are getting cut way short (8 second ID gets reduced to about 2 seconds) and there is no pause between songs (and we like the breathing room) -- a bit irritating.  I may run this version for a little while and see if they cannot fix these problems quickly - otherwise, I'll go back to the previous version until they get them fixed.
Otherwise it looks good!  :D

Thanks for putting up with the Juke interruptions this evening.

Cheers,
slack

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2004, 09:40:41 AM »
Looks like the Juke Server is down folks.  I cannot connect to it remotely, so It will probably be about an hour and half before I can get to it.

Thanks for your patience.
Slack

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2004, 12:28:18 PM »
Either one black rat chewed through the cable or we plum wore out that cable modem.   :D

It will be some time before the Juke is back up - I'll keep you posted.  Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
slack

Offline NotRevGDavis

• "Hat on a cabbage head- I've never seen before"
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2004, 02:38:48 PM »
 :'(
Got the name, still workin' on the licks!

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2004, 03:44:57 PM »
:'(

Don't cry NotRev - hopefully it was the modem ---- I've got a new one in my truck to try when I get home.

Tags:

anything