collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

You know, folks, there's just seventeen of us kids. There's eight boys, seven girls, and two other children - Lonnie Glosson, Arkansas Hard Luck Blues

Author Topic: Weenie Juke Status  (Read 44383 times)

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: Weenie Juke Status
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2005, 08:28:14 AM »
Problems with the 48K stream again.  I've contacted the streaming Host but I did not receive the usual confirmatory message that the message was recieved.  Their domain name cannot be reached either (viastreaming.com or .net)- which does not bode well.  I'm pretty sure this is a Backbone problem again.  We'll give them a day to contact or recover and then I will start looking for alternative hosts. 

Thanks for your patience.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2005, 10:26:00 AM »
Looks like the 48K stream is back up.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2005, 11:54:04 AM »
FYI, heard fro mthe host:

---snip---

Dear s4.viastreaming.net Customer,

We are at present experiencing some DNS problems with our server:

Should you be unable to connect to the server using the normal address: \"s4.viastreaming.net\", Please replace the address (s4.viastreaming.net) with the following server IP:

We are currently working on this problem and hope to resolve it within a few hours;

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Paul Benoit
Tech Dept.

Best Broadcastings from

ViaStreaming.com
The Streaming Service Provider
www.viastreaming.com

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2005, 09:54:04 AM »
I kept getting dropped, then got 'all slots full', checked the status on http://weeniecampbell.com/juke/scstats/status.php and notice someone in France has somehow grabbed 18 concurrent slots with their Mac / iTunes software.  :(

Edit: Checked again and they've dropped off.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 10:04:29 AM by Rivers »

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2005, 10:41:45 AM »
Yep, it spiked to all slots full momentarily yesterday also.  Maybe someone is trying to connect the whole office.

Is your drop off problem resolved?

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2005, 04:07:26 PM »
Yep, problem resolved thanks! Pretty sure it was caused by the French Connection(s) as it came right just as they all disappeared.

All the connections had the same IP address, with different session IDs. Possibly someone has a buggy piece of code on their m/c, perhaps combined with the server side not differentiating/validating new connex against its existing pool.

Which makes me wonder, is there a setting that controls how many sessions one IP address can get? That would be more democratic and could mitigate the effects of what was a bug in either client, server or both.

I mean, why would one IP address reasonably want more than, say, 3 sessions? Unless it's a network firewall/proxy that is only reporting its own IP address which is actually several clients. But I doubt it, all 18 were Mac / iTunes clients. I'll put my money on a Mac iTunes bug.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 04:20:54 PM by Rivers »

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2005, 05:54:06 PM »
Which makes me wonder, is there a setting that controls how many sessions one IP address can get?

Nope.  Lots of other things for allowed, disallowed, banning etc - but no setting for how many allowed at one time.

I mean, why would one IP address reasonably want more than, say, 3 sessions? Unless it's a network firewall/proxy that is only reporting its own IP address which is actually several clients.

Exactly.  Lots of folks have home networks - I know KC and Emma Lee listen with two computers, located upstairs and downstairs (in fact PT was the first time they had seem each other in months.  :P ) The only reason for more than three might be if you have an office full of folks that love CB.... a rare prospect.

But I doubt it, all 18 were Mac / iTunes clients. I'll put my money on a Mac iTunes bug.

I agree.  I think it is an iTunes bug.  If an IP takes over all slots, I can kick/ban that IP.  There have been instances of multiple ID's  - 5 or 6 if I recall and I just kick the IP for piggish behavoir.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2006, 08:26:07 AM »
I forgot to post this yesterday.  the 48K stream is still down -- so they are haivng more trouble than they anticipated.

Thanks.

---snip---

Dear ViaStreaming Customer, As a valued customer, ViaStreaming is committed to keeping you informed about any changes in the status of your service with us.

-Summary Description of Maintenance: ViaStreaming will be performing hardware upgrades on edge and core network routers.

-Time: January 12th, Thursday 2:00 - 6:00 AM. CST (USA Central Standard Time)

-Location of Maintenance: s4.viastreaming.net server - Houston, Texas

Customers will sustain intermittent downtime in between the times posted.
We have scheduled this maintenance window during off peak time to limit the impact this will have on clients.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause you, rest assured we will do our best to minimize any and all service interference.

During this upgrade, we will be adding in additional routers into our network infrastructure, as well as upgrading current routers to newer Cisco 6513 models, outfitted with our standard deployment of 100% redundant components and 10GigabitEthernet cards.

Support Dept.

Best Broadcastings from

ViaStreaming.com
The Streaming Service Provider
www.viastreaming.com

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2006, 09:51:39 AM »
Looks like the 48K stream is back....

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #129 on: March 20, 2006, 07:35:15 AM »
Hi folks, the Juke is down as there is some problem with my RoadRunner cable service --- it is an area wide problem.  It went down sometime Sunday morning, was back up sporadically yesterday and is down again.  Hopefully they will have some folks back to work this morning and it will be fixed soon.

Thanks,
slack

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2006, 09:50:22 AM »
Hi Folks,

The 48K stream is down.  I've emailed our host (ViaStreaming) about the problem, so hopefully they will have it resolved soon.

Thanks,
slack

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: September 18, 2006, 11:56:27 AM »
Just a heads up for you late morning/early afternoon UK listeners - the 48K streams may be down for awhile.

And DJ, I'd be interested to see if this makes any difference in your early morning intermittence.

---------------
Dear ViaStreaming Customer,

As a valued customer, ViaStreaming is committed to keeping you informed about any changes in the status of your service with us:

-Summary Description of Maintenance: ViaStreaming will change IP address on s4.viastreaming.net server.

-Time: September 19th, Tuesday 4:00 - 6:00 AM. CST (USA Central Standard Time).

-Location of Maintenance: server s4.viastreaming.net -Houston- TX  USA.

As part of our ongoing expansion, we got a new improved server up and running from a new Data Center replacing current one.

Our s4.viastreaming.net server will be migrated across to our new facility (Equinix Exchange Point) located in -Ashburn- VA;
Overview: http://www.equinix.com/prod_serv/ibx/
Networks and Peerings: http://www.equinix.com/prod_serv/ibx/networks.htm
Customers List: http://www.equinix.com/customers/list/
We will provide a new BGP bandwidth mix for this server and it will be directly connected trough multiple direct Peerings and Tier1 optical fiber Backbone providers: TimeWarner - Level3 - Global Crossing - Nlayers - He.net - Level3 - Teleglobe - Telia -

This will mean a better performance for all your listeners.

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2006, 12:35:52 PM »
It's now 8.30pm Monday in the UK and I'm still unable to connect, after a while  iTunes just times out with its attempt at connecting. I guess it's still down.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2006, 12:46:57 PM »
Bunker,

I think you've got a different problem.  You can always check the server status:

http://weeniecampbell.com/juke/scstats/status.php

This link is on the menu as "Juke Server Status" - there are currently 13 listeners, inlcuding Peru, Czech Republic and Canada (though none listed from the UK).

The transfer that they are talking about above will happen tomorrow morning... so there must be some other problem.

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2006, 12:58:05 PM »
Thanks. The first thing I did was to check server status and could only spot a non-UK iTunes 7/Mac PPC connection. I'll try again in 10 hours time!

Tags: