collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

Hammy Nixon: Well I know you can see better than I can. Sleepy John Estes: I'll ask Rachell, how do you feel Rachell? Yank Rachell: You don't need to see to play music. Sleepy John Estes: Well, now that's what I'm talking about...when I'm coughin' I create it out of my soul...Delmark records say, "We don't want any of that..good, right?...spoil it" - Yank Rachell's Tennessee Jug Busters conversation before Shout Baby Shout

Author Topic: Blind Boy Fuller Lyrics  (Read 55956 times)

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Blind Boy Fuller Lyrics
« Reply #300 on: September 12, 2020, 06:29:22 PM »
Thanks, harry, I agree. I heard a "v" sound in there before, preceding whiskey, and the only thing that made sense was "of whiskey", but I must have been listening super sensitively, because re-listening, I'm not hearing it. I will make the change. Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 09:12:59 PM by Johnm »

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Blind Boy Fuller Lyrics
« Reply #301 on: October 17, 2020, 03:08:31 PM »
Hi all,
Blind Boy Fuller recorded "Some Day You're Gonna Be Sorry" at a session in New York City on July 12, 1937, accompanying himself out of E position in standard tuning. The song is an 8-bar chorus blues, closely related to "Worried Life Blues" or "You To To Reap Just What You Sow". Fuller diverges from the sung form for his intro solo. Here is "Some Day You're Gonna Be Sorry":

INTRO SOLO

I told you baby, time and times again, I wouldn't be your enemy, 'd rather be your friend
REFRAIN: But some day, you're gonna be sorry, you mistreat me

Now you mistreat me here, can't when I go home, I got somebody there, mama, make you leave me 'lone

Today have been, long lonesome day, seem like tomorrow, be the same ol' way

The woman I love, four feet from the ground, every time I hug and kiss her, make my love come down

I you see my woman, tell her I said, "Hurry home.", ain't had no lovin', since my gal been gone

You're gonna want my love, some lonesome day, gwon be too late, mama, I be too far away

Take me now, baby, just as I am, ain't got no money, Lord, I'm in a jam

All best,
John 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal