collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

Blind Lemon Jefferson. That's B.B. King's idol, too. Yeah, I had one of his records, and I loaned it to B.B. King. He said he was gonna bring it back, and he ain't brought it back yet, and that's been 12 years ago - John Lee Hooker, from The Voice of the Blues

Author Topic: Charley Hicks Covers Every Patton Song on Youtube  (Read 2762 times)

Offline MTJ3

• Howdy!
Re: Charley Hicks Covers Every Patton Song on Youtube
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2016, 11:05:10 AM »
Mr. Hicks, For what it's worth, this old crank "read" your YouTube posts as a sincere homage with some nice personal touches (esp. the variants on Pony Blues, if memory serves). I look forward to hearing some of your own work now that you have assimilated what you did of Patton's.

Offline CF

Re: Charley Hicks Covers Every Patton Song on Youtube
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 08:23:09 AM »
Good luck with the music career Mr. Hicks. I think you did a good job with your covers project, you made the songs more about the songs than a bunch of riffs which is how this music is mostly taught & played nowadays. I'm not a big fan of folks doing impressions when they sing but I'm not the audience for this stuff.

I would say a young British guy with a Charlie Patton tattoo on his hand, covering every Charlie Patton song on Youtube, & now writing (?) your own tunes with titles that sound like they're heavily based on the music of Charlie Patton is just probably a bit much! I love Charlie's music too but I know where I stand with it & it's a more respectable distance. For me to enjoy the Mountain that is Patton, only Patton will do but there is a huge audience for the other stuff & I'm sure you'll do well, good luck!

Stand By If You Wanna Hear It Again . . .

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal