collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

Too many dirty dishes in the sink for just us two. You got me wondering, baby - who's making dirty dishes with you? - Albert Collins, Too Many Dirty Dishes

Author Topic: Vocal Signature Phrases  (Read 7220 times)

Offline Laura

Re: Vocal Signature Phrases
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2014, 07:40:33 AM »
While transcribing the lyrics to Joe Callicott's "War Time Blues" I noticed an example of this which I really like.  I suppose it could be another example of a "linking consonant" (Sorry, Gumbo :P)

Where he sings "I want you to understand", instead of using "to" or "ta" as he pronounces it through the rest of the song, he sings "T" or "tee". It makes the words flow together really nicely and without changing the pronunciation there would simply be too many syllables in the sentence.

I can't think of any other examples of where he does this but it does sound familiar to him and I bet if I can think of a song where he ends a word with a consonant then the next word is a "U" it will be apparent...

Well, maybe this is no more than mildly interesting to anyone else..but I love it!

Offline Laura

Re: Vocal Signature Phrases
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2014, 07:49:38 AM »
Ohh..I think I know why it's so familiar. Gary Davis does this with "to understand" , as well.  Ahh..I'm off to listen!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal