collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

So I asked him to play "Trav'lin' All Alone." That came closer than anything to the way I felt. And some part of it must have come across. The whole joint quieted down. If someone had dropped a pin, it would have sounded like a bomb. When I finished, everybody in the joint was crying in their beer, and I picked thirty-eight bucks up off the floor - Billie Holiday, 1915-1959

Author Topic: New member  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Mr Crump

• Root Chords
« on: August 18, 2006, 04:43:45 AM »
I've just discovered this site - great to find so much information and discussion.

I thought I'd try to post a link and see whether I can make it work. If you follow it you should find five of my songs - the last two are relevant to you Weenies I think.

Keep up the good work guys - visiting you makes me feel like I've flown from Chester, England to Memphis USA.

Cheers
Graham

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=404143

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 06:58:54 AM »
Welcome Graham!

Offline Richard

• Global Moderator
  • Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 12:38:38 PM »
Ah another UK-ite, good  ;)  well sign up for Weenie Guernsey!!

Didn't that W C Handy chappie write a song for you, I think the altenative title for it was Memphis Blues  ^-^

Surreal as ever!
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline Mr Crump

• Root Chords
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 08:34:27 AM »
Well, I was thinking about Frank Stokes' 'Mr Crump Don't Like It'........same man as WC Handy was writing about though........
Weenie Guernsey? Please tell me more..
G

Offline Richard

• Global Moderator
  • Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 12:54:09 PM »

Memphis Blues = Blues for Mr Crump  by WC Handy, it was done as I recall (not thatI was there of course!) as an election song for the said Mr Crump during the said election.

Weenie Guernsey... all the details on this fab site I happen to put together, basically it's for any Weenies and I have invited EBA memmbers as well... we have a few booking but the more the merrier  :) come and join us, as the song goes!

It's social event but have really nice room (without a view) but a bar so we can play and drink happily to our hearts content. Do email me if you have any other questions.

www.weekendblues.org
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal