collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Overseas they want to hear them blues. They don't want to hear all that James Brown stuff. No, they tell you to quit that: "Well, what are you, a shoutin' preacher or somethin' like that?" - John Lee Hooker, from The Voice of the Blues

Author Topic: Clifford Gibson--Photos/CDs  (Read 2460 times)

jaybird

Clifford Gibson--Photos/CDs
« on: May 19, 2006, 09:38:43 PM »
howdy dose anyone know about clifford gibson and his music if so i would like to know if there was any photos of him out there if so let me know thanks

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Clifford Gibson--Photos/CDs
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 12:42:30 PM »
Hello jaybird,
The only photo I have ever seen of Clifford Gibson is the one that was used for the cover of his complete recordings on Document and the old Yazoo "Alabama Blues" anthology.
All best,
Johnm

Offline dj

• Global Moderator
  • Howdy!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 01:53:45 PM »
Go to google.com, click on Images, enter: "Clifford Gibson" blues :(you need the blues to get rid of all the entries for architect Richard Clifford Gibson), and click on Search.  That'll bring up the only image of Gibson that I know of.

jaybird

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 09:44:44 PM »
howdy all. dose anyone know if there was a photo of clifford gibson if so let me know  i   would like one to put in my music room thanks

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 12:04:23 AM »
AFAIK there's only the one that Bill Thompson turned up in the early 60s which I think came from the Chicago Defender. Yazoo used it on the cover of their 1968 compilation, Blues Of Alabama.

I'm not if the Danish Bluetime label found a photo to use when they issued his two acetates made at Baul Studios, St Louis in 1951 or even if Bobbin Records did when publicising his two 78s recorded in 1960.

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 10:16:18 AM »
Try Google Images and you'll find the Document CD cover, which has a cropped version, and several other CD covers with the image. Gibson had some long fingers.

All for now.
John C.
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

jaybird

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 08:01:13 PM »
howdy wrer can i find clifford gibson cd. the one i am looking for is called tired of being mistreated it came out in 2002 i thank. and outher one is caled alabama blues that one is verist artist i hope some one can help thanks

Offline frankie

• Old Refuge
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 04:01:21 AM »
Amazon lists "Tired of Being Mistreated", but with a 4-6 week delivery date.  It looks like a couple of copies of Yazoo's "Beat You Doing It" are available from a few dealers - Amazon lists them.  There are apparently 4 more copies of the Document Clifford Gibson CD left at Amazon as well.

If you have an emusic account, Clifford Gibson on Document is available there, too.

Tags: Clifford Gibson 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal