collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

He could preach too... But he was blind... and a woman leads him around... - James Truesdale on Blind Willie Johnson

Author Topic: Blues In The Blue Ridge  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Flatd7

• Pre War Blues, Country, Bluegrass & Gospel Music
Blues In The Blue Ridge
« on: April 13, 2006, 08:06:04 AM »
I was talking to Mary Flower about her Fall trip to the East Coast. She told me about a great program that is running in a few weeks. Music in the Mountains, also called "Blues In The Blue Ridge" is a Guitar, Mando and Uke camp in Little Switzerland, NC. The staff includes Mary, Mike Dowling, Steve James, Scott Ainslie and Del Rey. Never heard of this one before, Sounds like huge fun.

The website shows a very beautiful venue. The Tuition is average to low at $595 for five days with lodging. You pick three classes a day. With this staff there would be some great after class entertainment. I can't get away, but if I could . . . . . . . . . .

http://www.clinchfieldrr.com/rr/

Offline uncle bud

• Administrator
  • Rank amateur
Re: Blues In The Blue Ridge
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 08:16:45 AM »
Sure looks like a beautiful location. So what's Steve got against bananas?

Blues/Roots Fingerstyle Guitar
Steve James - For the guitarist with some experience playing chords and/or single note melodies who would like to incorporate the two into simple and attractive thumb-and-finger style arrangements with an emphasis on old time blues, country, and ragtime guitar. We will work on adding to your repertoire and technique, plus a few hot licks. Some TAB supplied. Please bring your
instrument and supplies, pencil/pen and notebook, and an audio recorder if you like (no video please). Thank you for not eating bananas.

Offline Flatd7

• Pre War Blues, Country, Bluegrass & Gospel Music
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 08:22:48 AM »
You'll have to go to the source on that one. The last time I asked him about something like that he said, "I don't know, go ask Keb Mo'"

Never a dull moment with Mr James.

Offline frankie

• DoneGone.net
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 09:01:02 AM »
So what's Steve got against bananas?

Maybe it's a Walter Vinson smell-compulsion kinda thing?  Country blues - it does things to ya...

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 09:40:31 AM »
Some questions are best left unasked.  :P

Looks like a great workshop and beautiful to boot.  I wonder how you get there -- fly into Knowxville and rent a car?

Offline frankie

• DoneGone.net
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 12:33:02 PM »
Some questions are best left unasked.  :P

Well...  maybe bananas remind him of the fruit basket he once have had.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal