collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

I always say everybody can play it, but do they feel it? - Jimmy Dawkins

Author Topic: Blues Lyrics and Hoodoo  (Read 4260 times)

Offline Bunker Hill

Re: Blues Lyrics and Hoodoo
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 10:07:16 AM »
I've always thought Cat was one of the more interesting posters on the pre-war blues list.
In 2002 I purchased her book "Hoodoo, Herb And Root Magic:A Materia Magica of African-American Conjure" and it arrived with a free sachet of "Hot Foot Power"...what more could a guy want.  :P

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 01:18:14 AM »
... and it arrived with a free sachet of "Hot Foot Power"...what more could a guy want.  :P

Yeah, but did it do your corns any good, Alan??  Probably made you run down to the pub at a healthier pace...
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline rjtwangs

Blues Lyrics and Hoodoo
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2015, 06:07:09 AM »
 I came across this site and this page while I was searching rattlesnake rattles( to put inside a couple of my guitars ) I apologize if this is old news......I'm curious as to what you guys think.....

http://www.luckymojo.com/blues.html

Rick

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2015, 07:28:38 AM »
In 1995 Cat Yronwode joined the PreWar Blues List and used to be a very active and knowledgeable member, not only in terms of voodoo and like, but also prewar blues. I've not heard from her for years. She may well be a member of RBF.

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2015, 07:15:43 PM »
I'm pretty sure I posted something about Cat a few years back and I think her site is in Weeniepedia Links. I think she is a tremendously interesting person. If you investigate her full website you'll find she covered a wide variety of interests in her life, from comic book publishing to tantric sex. Her Hoodoo store is just up the road in Santa Rosa and back when I had a jug band I always wanted to just drive up, pile out of the car and start playing some Memphis Jug Band tunes, of which she professed to be a huge fan. Like BH, I always appreciated her posts and queries on the pre war list, but haven't seen her posting there since it was all but silenced by the RBF. She must be getting on in years and I certainly hope she's in good health.

Wax

Edit to add: I checked her wikipedia page and she's only a few years older than me, so not so long in the tooth. Gotta get up there soon.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 07:32:54 PM by waxwing »
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2015, 10:14:03 AM »
Hi all,
I merged the new "Blues Lyrics and Hoodoo" thread with a pre-existing one of the same title.
All best,
Johnm

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal