collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

All art is a kind of confession, more or less oblique. All artists, if they are to survive, are forced, at last, to tell the whole story; to vomit the anguish up - James Baldwin

Author Topic: Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band  (Read 1804 times)

Washboardbreezy

Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band
« on: August 22, 2005, 12:27:50 PM »
Saw about this site on Roy Book Binder's website (we are playing with him in two weeks) and thought I should post our website and a link to our jukebox.

www.bigdamnband.com

Our jukebox (this is the super secret link, it is usually built in flash on our website, you can get to it on our website, too):
http://s93101162.onlinehome.us/jukebox.htm

By the way, I am the one on the washboard. We are just: One Washboard Player, One Drummer, and One Finger-Style Acoustic/National Guitar player.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 12:29:13 PM by Washboardbreezy »

Washboardbreezy

Re: Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 02:21:49 PM »
37 views and no one reply, are these boards slow or do we suck, or I supposed it could be both.  :D

Good to see a forum just on Country Blues, we are a rare bunch.

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 04:55:43 PM »
Now don't rush to judgement Breezy. Usually on the Back Porch folks are posting their recent works in progress for helpful comments. Maybe folks figure if you've got a professional website and all, well heck, you're way beyond helpful criticism. We do have a seperate section for links.

Welcome to Weenie Campbell.

Quite an interesting concept to add a drum kit to the traditional country sound. Really jazzes it up, so to speak.

So, look around, give the Weenie Juke a listen (what, 6000 sides now Slack?) make a few requests, check out some of the discussion, and maybe add some of your own constructive criticism to some of the other Back Porch offerings. Which have you listened to so far?

I guess many of us are still getting back to normal after spending a week or so together with about 250 country blues nuts in Port Townsend. You can read all about that on one of the boards, too.

And send the Reverend and his bro on over. I'm sure someone with their talents would have lots to add on our Lyrics and Licks board.

All for now.
John C.
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
https://www.facebook.com/WaxwingJohn

Willie Brown's Liquor at CD Baby

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 05:38:58 PM »
It could be that folks are just quietly appreciative. Don't jump to any premature conclusions.

Washboardbreezy

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 07:16:52 AM »
Well it isn't mastered, we have some other recordings from two weeks ago that we are mixing this week that were recorded at Jimbo Mathus' recording studio in Clarksdale, that was a good time.

Offline a2tom

• stickman's got 'em
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 10:36:21 AM »
yeah, well, you suck.  That's it in a nutshell.

;D

My favorite quote from your page is "when you meet a woman who plays washboard, you hang on to her".  Truer words were never spoken, I'm sure.  I've thought a great many times that it would be a blast to play with a washboard (washboardist?), but, it has yet to be.  Not to mention the fact that I suck...  The Rev sure can keep up a pace!

tom

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 11:08:09 AM »
I did give all those tracks a listen and was mightily impressed - thought the posting would probably be getting a move to the links section though...Anyway, Reverend, your big damn band cooks for sure. Thanks for the link and the listen.
Prof S

Offline uncle bud

• Administrator
  • Rank amateur
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 11:19:48 AM »
I like the can of beans. Very cool...

Offline whigski3

• Hi!
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2005, 09:52:04 PM »
I had a chance to see/experience Revered Peyton's B.D.B. at an art festival this weekend in Indianapolis.  They got off to a great start with Booker White's, Aberdeen Mississippi Blues.  Washboard Breezy was great fun to watch and all three of the players played with feverish emotion;  their show has alot of visual appeal.  The audience really appreciated it too.  The music at their web site is very representative of the music that they played at the show--driving, driving, driving.  It never let up...they were allocated just 45 minutes to play, and I know that 45 minutes isn't all that long, but I would have preferred some variation.  Of the 3 blues-related acts that I saw at the festival, Rev. Peyton's was the only one that I might drive 200 miles to see.   I highly recommend that you try to see them if they come to your neck of the woods.  I was impressed well beyond my expectations. 

The amazing speed with which Rev. Peyton carefully attacked his L-00 I won't further try to describe...it was hard to believe. My ears sure "saw" a lot more than my eyes did.

Bill
I'm sitting here wondering, will a matchbox hold my clothes...

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal