collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

He carried a pearl-handled .44, and he could shoot the head off a chicken - Ishmon Bracey remembering Blind Lemon Jefferson

Author Topic: a couple of songs  (Read 1842 times)

Offline andrescountryblues

• Howdy!
    • Countryblues en Argentina
a couple of songs
« on: August 19, 2005, 07:32:06 AM »
here is our version of "San Francisco Bay Blues" and "Hey Hey". I would like to get opinions from all of you. Theres great players in this forum and I really want to learn to play this music, so every advice will be welcome.

Andres

Offline uncle bud

• Administrator
  • Rank amateur
Re: a couple of songs
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 10:50:52 AM »
Hi Andres - good to hear country blues is alive and well in Argentina! Sounds good, toe-tapping groove on SF Bay Blues. Who's playing harmonica?

cheers,
Uncle Bud

norman

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 11:14:48 AM »
Who's playing harmonica?
I was wondering about the same thing...

Good stuff man. I think your playing is really groovy! I hope I could play that as bouncy as you do. although i think you could benefit from a better microphone (don't have to be that expensive)

arent these two clapton's unplugged songs?

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 12:04:28 PM »
Hi Andres, sounds to me as if you've learned to play htis music rather well - very nice job!

• Howdy!
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 12:13:56 PM »
Hi Andres - good to hear country blues is alive and well in Argentina! Sounds good, toe-tapping groove on SF Bay Blues. Who's playing harmonica?

cheers,
Uncle Bud

well, it's not THAT alive here.....it's really diffucult to get people that gets interested in this music....the blues folks here are more on the electric side (lots of chicago blues). But theres three or four artists who play and try to make people to hear countryblues.
I'm playing guitar and a friend of mine called Dario is singing and playing harmonica.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Andres

• Howdy!
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2005, 12:25:41 PM »
Who's playing harmonica?
I was wondering about the same thing...

Good stuff man. I think your playing is really groovy! I hope I could play that as bouncy as you do. although i think you could benefit from a better microphone (don't have to be that expensive)

arent these two clapton's unplugged songs?

Yes, the microphone was a cheap one, but notice that im from Argentina, everything is more expensive here....
Yeah, those are the Clapton unplugged songs, I like them but I wish I could play more Bracey, Lacy, Tommy Johnson or Patton songs....but I still cant sing so I have to choose songs that both of us know, and even though the singer likes countryblues he's not deep into it.

Andres

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal