collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

Now, the backwater has been dreadful . . . - Walter Davis, West Coast Blues

Author Topic: John Miller Concert Wish  (Read 229 times)

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
John Miller Concert Wish
« on: April 06, 2020, 06:04:56 PM »
Hi all.

Since the closure of all live music venues many musicians have reverted to do online concerts on social media and internet, I just saw a nice home concert from Mary Flower.

I was wondering if our own John Miller could be persuaded to do one, and if it could maybe somehow be done or shared here at the Weenie Campbell site?

Anyway, I would be very happy to see and share a concert from John, so I'll just toss the idea for consideration for the forum and John. Let me know, what you think, and of course if John himself would be interested to doing such a thing.

Cheers,

Pan

« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 03:09:27 PM by Pan »

Offline Kevinp

• Howdy!
Re: John Miller Concert Wish
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 06:42:16 PM »
I would be interested in watching if John is interested.  Either way, If you are interested, I strongly recommend taking a lesson or two with John. I feel like I get a mini concert each lesson.  That's on top of the great teaching.

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 02:56:25 AM »
A good idea!

Offline iantonionni

• Shw'mae!
    • The Bay Rum Hounds on Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 05:56:16 AM »
Count me in!

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 06:43:08 AM »
Thanks for the idea of me doing a concert, Pan, and to those of you who support it.  I'm certainly open to the idea, but don't have any sense of how to go about doing such a thing in the current situation.  If I might make a suggestion, rather than discussing or planning it on a public board it might be preferable for someone with the tech/filming/teleconferencing know-how to communicate to me via personal messages how such an event might be put together.  It seems like this should be possible.  And I hope you're all staying careful, safe and healthy.
All best,
Johnm 

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 09:18:08 AM »
I don't know about the tech. aspects, but donations via Paypal works well, I have donated that way a couple of times lately.

Alex

Offline matt milton

• Howdy!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2020, 01:24:25 AM »
I think 'Facebook Live' is the easiest way to do this:
https://www.facebook.com/facebookmedia/solutions/facebook-live

John: I don't know if you are already on Facebook but if you are, 'going live' should be very easy for you. If your computer has a built in camera then it should not be a problem. There are quite a few YouTube tutorials on setting up a Facebook live event.

They work even better if you can enlist a partner to read any comments or questions posted up while you play - that way it can almost become a 'Q&A' - people can post requests or ask questions. I find those are the most enjoyable. You could do that all on your own of course, only it would mean a lot of multi-tasking for someone new to all this.

If you have a PayPal account you can post details of that in the main body of the Facebook post, and remind people of this verbally from time to time during the gig.

Tags: John Miller 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal