collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

...I can think that, well... my voice will change, I'll be John Hurt on this song, I'll be Skip James on that one, I'll be Tommy McClennan on that one. How many voices you got? They're going one style, one kind of sound from their area, and singing in their voice - Jerry Ricks, Port Townsend 97

Author Topic: Can anyone help me identify these two songs?  (Read 556 times)

Offline cc132

Can anyone help me identify these two songs?
« on: May 31, 2018, 08:14:06 PM »
Hi everyone.  I quit playing guitar about 5 years ago and have recently picked it back up.  A lot of songs are popping back into my brain, but I'm struggling to identify a few of them.  Does anyone happen to know these two?  Apologies in advance for the poor playing.  It's been....a while.

https://instaud.io/private/1d640b0cdaf2d0909f517f06bcada4fccaf2e32f

I'm almost certain this first one is Blind Blake.  I've been through all of my mp3s though, and I can't seem to find it.

https://instaud.io/private/7e32203cedc8bfd567a44470d576e189dd95fe04

And I'm almost certain this one is Elizabeth Cotten, although again, no luck finding the actual song anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Can anyone help me identify these two songs?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 10:32:15 PM »
Hi,
The second tune is a version of "Buckdancer's Choice" and the first one sounds like it could be a version of Blake's "Early Morning Blues".
All best,
Johnm

Offline cc132

Re: Can anyone help me identify these two songs?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 06:33:48 AM »
Hi,
The second tune is a version of "Buckdancer's Choice" and the first one sounds like it could be a version of Blake's "Early Morning Blues".
All best,
Johnm

You are a saint.  The second most definitely is Buckdancer's Choice (now I just have to figure out where I would have even picked it up from).

After much snooping around, I've realized that the first is actually Woody Mann's version of Blind Blake's "Black Dog Blues," which certainly borrows a bit from "Early Morning Blues."

Thanks a bunch!

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal