collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

* Support Weenie!

Shop on Amazon using these search boxes and Weenie earns a small commission:
USA
Search Now:
In Association with Amazon

United Kingdom
Search Now:

Canada
Search Now:

* Weenie's CD!

'Race' records of the 1920's revealed only too obviously that the chastity projected by spirituals or groups like the Fisk Jubilee Singers did not truly reflect black social values, any more than Pat Boone represents the typical American male - Steve Calt's notes, Bo Carter, Banana In Your Fruit Basket, Yazoo

Author Topic: radiooooo.com  (Read 481 times)

Offline TenBrook

• darkhollar.tumblr.com
radiooooo.com
« on: September 07, 2017, 07:48:39 AM »
Hi all,
I was recently alerted to the existence of the mobile app and website Radiooooo (That's Radio with 4 extra o's), that can be found here http://radiooooo.com. It uses user added songs to map out music from around the world through time. You pick a decade and a place on the map and if they have music for your selection you'll hear a song. It's a pretty great idea though there are some tweaks that would make the experience better (I can't figure out how to easily skip a track if I don't like it.). There are also instances where the user generated content can be dissappointing. I went through a few tracks for 1920s United States and got mainly pop stuff. My goal is to get in there and upload some of the real American music of the 1920s but unfortunately I'm having trouble creating an account so had to reach out to their support team. My login problem seems to have resolved itself. The next thing I found is that the upload option doesn't seem to work in Chrome so you'll need to use Firefox. I successfully added one song, many more to come.

Anyhow, I thought some of you might be interested. I already discovered a pretty amazing stringed instrument player from the Ukraine from the 1920s I'm highly confident I wouldn't have heard otherwise.

Lew
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 02:16:11 PM by TenBrook »

Offline David Kaatz

Re: radiooooo.com
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 03:10:00 PM »
Cool!
The terms of use states this, unfortunately:

2.3. The Users can then select on his own a country and a decade from 1900 to
       nowadays (a ?canal?).
2.4. Each canal broadcasts a playlist.
There is no possibility to go back or skip forward on the playlist.

Tags: