collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

A lot of excitement is generated by their approach, which is just to pile on top of each other, play as loud, hard, and strong as they can, and let the devil take the hindmost - John Miller on Little Buddy Doyle's Renewed Love Blues

Author Topic: Future Blues up for auction  (Read 479 times)

Offline DBdust

• Howdy!
Future Blues up for auction
« on: August 27, 2017, 08:07:40 AM »
For those who are interested in 78s and auctions, a rare copy of Future Blues is on eBay and ending in a couple hours (a little before 2pm east coast time).  It is graded 'F' so I assume practically unplayable and already up to $5600.  Way above my pay grade but entertaining none the less. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/352145344811

Offline harry

Re: Future Blues up for auction
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 02:19:48 PM »
Winning bid $8,600. So this a 4th copy? As far I know only three copies are known to exist.

Offline jpeters609

Re: Future Blues up for auction
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 01:42:03 PM »
According to John Tefteller and other collectors, there are 5 known copies of Willie Brown's "Future Blues" on the Paramount label (including the one in this auction). There is a sixth one, as well, but it is broken, with more than a third of it missing. Apparently, there are a dozen or more known to exist on the Champion label, and those copies generally sound much better, as Champion made superior pressings.
Jeff

Tags: Willie Brown 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal