collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

Have a nice day - unless you have other plans - Bernie, owner of the Nightshift Tavern, Bremerton

Author Topic: Johnm in the UK  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Wailing Wolf

• Howdy!
Johnm in the UK
« on: March 05, 2005, 01:16:12 PM »
Since we UK Weenies have to peruse a great deal of banter about US events which we are most unlikely to be able to attend I feel it's time to even up the score a bit. ;D

Next? Wednesday 9th March myself and at least one fellow Weenie will, all being well, have the pleasure of seeing the man himself Johnm in concert at the Cultural Centre of the Universe, Stamford Arts Centre Lincolnshire UK.

For any Weenies within reach this and other events can be sussed on:-

http://www.stamfordartscentre.com/phase1asp/default.asp?page=events

Also on Friday 18th March there is a double bill of Spencer Bohren and British Blues ace Dave Peabody, tasty licks will be very profuse.

Any UK located Weenies within reach of Stamford would do well to keep an eye on the scene.? In particularly the hopefully upcoming Folk & Blues Guitar Festival (probably some time in June).

A long list of luminaries have already disported themselves at this vital venue, e.g. last autumn Woody Mann and Rory Block.

So just for the moment the pleasure is all ours!
 >:D

Yves

Re: Johnm in the UK
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 03:33:15 AM »
Keep an eye also on the EBA  web site or better be a member of this association... and come on to the blues week at Northampton.
Yves "the froggy backdoorman"

http://www.euroblues.org/

Offline Wailing Wolf

• Howdy!
Re: Johnm in the UK
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 03:17:34 AM »
Yves,

hear you loud and clear.? When I can find a much more lucrative daytime job, or persuade my family to forgo their holidays, I'll be straight off to Northampton and Exeter.? ?::)

Mind you, having said that, the cash for two such events is just about enough to stoke up my Martin habit............ >:D

Tags: