collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

I dreamed last night I was far from harm, woke up and found my man in a sissy's arms. My man's got a sissy, his name is "Miss Kate". He shook that thing like jelly on a plate - Ma Rainey, Sissy Blues

Author Topic: Odell Harris passes  (Read 593 times)

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
Odell Harris passes
« on: October 14, 2014, 11:57:02 PM »

Offline JohnLeePimp

Re: Odell Harris passes
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 06:11:08 AM »
I'd only recently found out about him - its a shame to hear this.

Copied from the other blues forum:

Jeff konkel :
"Sad news from Broke & Hungry Records. Odell Harris, whose sole album "Searching for Odell Harris," was released in 2006 on my label, died last week in Harvey, Louisiana, at the age of 75. Odell was a Mississippi Hill Country artist who ran with the likes of R.L. Burnside and Junior Kimbrough. He was an elusive figure who rarely played formal gigs, preferring to simply turn up and play when and where he wanted. We recorded his album in one all-night, alcohol-fueled session on the Mississippi Gulf Coast in the summer of 2006. Afterward, he promptly dropped off the map with nary a trace. I finally tracked him down in Louisiana last year and we spoke by phone. I promised to come visit him, but it looks like I won't get the chance. RIP"
...so blue I shade a part of this town.

Offline tinpanallygurl

• Howdy!
Re: Odell Harris passes
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 08:50:37 AM »
A friend turned me onto him years ago and I sought him out at a small watering hole in southern Mississippi.  I loved hanging with him after the show.  I lost many cigarettes to him and my liver might not ever recover.  RIP Odell

Tags: Odell Harris 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal