collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

If it's worth doing well, it's worth doing poorly, first - Joel Salatin

Author Topic: How I play "Just Because"  (Read 368 times)

Offline ArthurBlake

• I laid him out cold, with his heels in a tub.
How I play "Just Because"
« on: May 25, 2014, 08:06:20 AM »
       A rough version of Just Because
Hi guys I had a couple of requests by some who were intrigued as to how I might play the tune Elvis made famous-er (that is a word right ?) Just Because. I learned the structure of this tune while playing electric guitar in a band run with one of Australia's greatest blues and boogie woogie pianists, Carolyn "Pinecone" Packer years and ago and it was always a highlight, at the time I never heard the Elvis version so I sorta just played it my way. I kept the tune but I adapted it to fingerstyle and ragged it a bit and also kept it in the same key we played it which is the often neglected key of F and F position.
                             I am putting this video up more as a kind of lesson rather than a full performance piece per se as I feel my singing is not suited to the song in this key but I sang it anyway, at least so you guys can maybe pick up the song from this video and I know many of you will have it down in under ten minutes and improve on my version here in 20. I may be able to improve my own singing on this tune with more practice. Hope you get some benefit and/or enjoyment from the video and I look forward to seeing a version from you guys, feel free to put them in here if you like.

http://youtu.be/OvGoXA8gRvI?t=1m22s
I met a woman she was a pigmeat some
Big fat mouth, I followed her home
She pulled a gun and broke my jaw
Didnt leave me hard on, I didnt get sore

Offline ArthurBlake

• I laid him out cold, with his heels in a tub.
Re: How I play "Just Because"
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 06:13:50 AM »
If I do play the tune again I will make it purely an instrumental with two guitars.
I met a woman she was a pigmeat some
Big fat mouth, I followed her home
She pulled a gun and broke my jaw
Didnt leave me hard on, I didnt get sore

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal