collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

Oh, baby, I'm behind the eight ball now. A dollar bill is my friend, ain't no human friends nohow. - Bill Gaither, I'm Behind the Eight Ball Now

Author Topic: Genealogy of Hill Country blues  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Boxcarro

• Howdy!
Re: Genealogy of Hill Country blues
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2014, 12:33:54 AM »
[/URL][/img]I hit some key wrong. As I Saying, I Used to Go Down to the Black folk Clubs & See, Hear, Touch, Talk to & "JAM" with Great Rythums & Blues Stars RHIAT THEYAR! On SUNDAY (blue laws) folk went to Play Music by the Carpenter Dam Deep Ctfish Hole, or at the BOOTLEGGERS. I had a AMPEG B-10, a FENDER MUSICMAKER 1961, bought at Pawn Shop $35.00. or Id took the Les Paul Junior (SG) with 1 P90 Pckup, We Would JAM FOR HOURS! I was White-Mix marry to Mexican Girl...But I Hear Often Refered HOT SPRINGS ARKANSAS, Sleepy John E
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/Boxcarro/BOXCARRO/KD5MPM3.jpg
I hit a wrong button again.
LOST MOST OF MY WRITING.
[/img]
I have MACULER DEGENERATER behine my EYE MACULERS & Thing That http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/Boxcarro/BOXCARRO/PICT0065.jpgSEES.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 12:37:03 AM by Boxcarro »

Offline btasoundsradio

• the artist formerly known as powerlinehorizon
    • BTA Sounds Radio: Podcast of Obscure Musics
Re: Genealogy of Hill Country blues
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2014, 09:19:39 AM »
Dr Ross always sounded hill country to me, I see some parallels in guitar style with RL. I wish there was more info out there on Belton Sutherland. Is there also maybe a connection between St Louis and Hill Country styles? Henry Townsends early recordings have a similar drony feel, that E position capoed up, or whatever, and those guys were mostly originally from Miss.
Charlie is the Father, Son is the Son, Willie is the Holy Ghost

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal