collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Stay down sunshine, you don't know what tomorrow may bring - "Poor Bill" White, A Hundred Women

Author Topic: Free...... PHONOoFIDDLE  (Read 1985 times)

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
Free...... PHONOoFIDDLE
« on: January 26, 2007, 12:35:20 PM »
For the connoisuers of the fiddle brigade out there I have been given a genuine PhonoOfiddle, albeit sans horn and am willing to pass it on to a good home, even posting it across the pond if need be or I suppose, collection from here in April :D

So, any interest ... do you need pictures of the amazing device posted or not ??? 
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline dj

• Global Moderator
  • Howdy!
Re: Free...... PHONOoFIDDLE
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 01:28:45 PM »
Yes, do please post a picture.

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 12:27:08 PM »
Sorry about the delay but I ran out of silver bromide for the web cam hence the rather iffy pics but, fear not here it is in all its glory (sic) I have posted all the pics as this thing is pretty rare anyway  :-X

The rather obvious hole in the side of it is where the horn should be... now I have seen one of them being played (yes, true only 6 weeks ago by a high class busker in Oxford!!) and unlike the other pics which you may see on the web with sort of double horns this model had only one, rather like that on a plain (not ornate) horn gramophone. If you tap the bridge it sounds just like the crackle from a wind up gramophone so I think it would amply well despite the beat up look.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 01:41:23 PM »
Pretty cool...  Dang, I wish I was able to come to Guernsey in April -- that would look real good in my music room hanging next to my Kook-A-La-Lee! 

dowling

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 07:49:55 AM »
Hi ,iv never seen or even herd of these before,but it looks amazing what sort of sound do you get ,Richard how did the busker sound ,i would have gave him some money just to see and hear it played.
Paul C*KID

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 10:27:30 AM »
He has the cheap one string version!  Iwould venture to suggest, since it was Oxford he didn't look like yer average busker, so maybe a student earinng some drink money! I gave him quid and surprised him by knowing what it was  :D

Which sounded probably as you would expect ... awful!! This ome came to me as it is, so it needs work before it will be scraping the eardrums again!

Offline Cleoma

• Howdy!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 06:27:09 PM »
If nobody else wants it, I would love to have this, er, device.  Call it an advanced case of schadenfreude, but I think it would be worth having just for the shock value!  Email me (suzy AT ericandsuzy.com) or send me a message here on the Weenie site,  if you haven't found a home for it yet and are willing to send it to far-off California.  I'm not going to be getting across the pond any time soon...
Suzy Thompson

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal