collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Well we called us the Mississippi Sheiks, all of us Chatmons, cause my name is Bo Chatman only they call me Bo Carter. We toured with the band right through the country; through the Delta, through Louisiana down to New Orleans, serenadin' - Bo Carter

Author Topic: Possible PA Use By Pre War Artists?  (Read 1269 times)

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
Possible PA Use By Pre War Artists?
« on: September 16, 2008, 05:16:29 PM »
Thought I'd split this away from the BLJ thread and see if any discussion ensues.

Perhaps something like this:

http://www.paramountshome.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4&pos=146

Wow! That seems to be a PA system. Microphone (parabolic) with a power amp (tube) and speaker (megaphone). Not hard to imagine the radical political activists of those times using such a PA. And also not that hard to imagine many of those of whom we have recordings, especially the more urban based (Chicago, St. Louis, Memphis) also having the occasional experience with a PA. In particular the many obvious "advertisement" blues, as by Sleepy John, might hint at promotional concerts with a PA.

That's pretty interesting. Hadn't thought about that. Does anyone else have any hard information about known usage of a PA in pre-war times?

I wonder if there are fora (or even just one) where we might find early electronics geeks who would have this info, yet no awareness that it might be of interest to others. You know, like us.

All for now.
John C
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 10:09:17 AM by waxwing »
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal