Country Blues > Weenie Juke

Remotely DJ'ing a Radio Show

(1/8) > >>

Richard:
I don't know! Let me and the other Uk-er's have think and post something.

I'm a little confused (nothing new there) as to the specifics of the actual programs, can you elucidate, viz -

What format do want a program to arrive on your doorstep in?

How long is each program intended to be and is there a maximium time or is it determined on MB space?

What would be the maximium time\size of each prog or how does that aspect of it work?

There was something else but I've forgotten it!

Rivers:
Slack, take a look at this: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Click on Personal World Clock, add Auckland, London, New York, El Paso, LA to your config and you get the current time for those places on a single page.

Auckland (New Zealand) Fri 7:13 AM? ? ?
London (U.K. - England) Thu 8:13 PM *? ? ?
New York (U.S.A. - New York) Thu 3:13 PM *? ? ?
El Paso (U.S.A. - Texas) Thu 1:13 PM *
Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California) Thu 12:13 PM *

There may be better ones out there.

Rivers.

Slack:

--- Quote from: richard on June 10, 2004, 12:04:19 PM ---I don't know! Let me and the other Uk-er's have think and post something.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---I'm a little confused (nothing new there) as to the specifics of the actual programs, can you elucidate, viz -

--- End quote ---

Don't worry, we are all a little confused.  We are learning as we go and we are only about 1mm ahead of you.

--- Quote ---What format do want a program to arrive on your doorstep in?
How long is each program intended to be and is there a maximium time or is it determined on MB space?
What would be the maximium time\size of each prog or how does that aspect of it work?

--- End quote ---

The program needs to be in MP3 format - but let's explore other alternatives re: the doorstep.
Here is something to work on - work on getting the songs you want to play in MP3 format and into the Winamp playlist.  Work on recording your voice to MP3 and loading those commentaries into the Winamp playlist.  We can configure the Weenie Juke Server for remote DJ's - eg we can hand the server over to you and let you play your program from Winamp on your computer.   :P  (you could do a live show too, but we might like to play again in the future).

With the above in mind - you can have a show as long as you can keep our attention.  :P

Cheers,
Slack

Richard:
This is almost in real time!

Slack:

--- Quote ---Click on Personal World Clock, add Auckland, London, New York, El Paso, LA to your config and you get the current time for those places on a single page.

--- End quote ---

Cool!  Thanks Rivers!

--- Quote ---This is almost in real time!

--- End quote ---

For all practical purposes - real time!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version