collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Among this pack of cranks, where nuts are not only tolerated, but a welcome part of the social landscape, (78 collector) Bussard is the odd man out of the oddballs: an unschooled and profane "pure cracker" (in the words of a fellow collector) among a bunch of mostly urbane Northerners - Joe Bussard, story by Eddie Dean, washingtoncitypaper.com

Author Topic: Woody Mann Workshops & new member  (Read 618 times)

Offline andycollins

• Howdy!
Woody Mann Workshops & new member
« on: May 15, 2017, 03:43:58 PM »
Hi, I'm Andy Collins. I am an acoustic guitarist interested in American roots and country blues fingerstyle.
I also work with Woody Mann as his production assistant for his guitar workshops.  I wanted to let everyone on the forum know that we have a few country blues weekend workshops coming up; Buxton, England from  June 23- 25, and Brattleboro Vermont. August 18 -20th.  Woody's workshops  are hands-on, practical sessions and cover a lot of material. The settings are beautiful and the atmosphere is relaxed & inclusive. Complete info and registration are at Woody's website: woodymann.com.

I've heard a lot about this forum and really glad to be here to learn and connect with everyone.
Thanks!!!!

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: Woody Mann Workshops & new member
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 07:11:20 PM »
Welcome Andy!

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 08:31:20 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Andy, and welcome to the forum. Brattleboro VT is 3 hrs drive from me so I'm seriously considering registering. I could do with the boost that your playing gets from attending a workshop and have a lot of respect for Woody.

Offline andycollins

• Howdy!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 09:18:33 PM »
Hi Rivers, I know what you mean about workshops giving your playing a boost. Woody covers a lot of material and tunes but focuses on understanding the music. I've taken his classes in the past and it had a big impact on my playing. (I'm not just saying this because I work with him!) Brattleboro is a great town! Hope to see you there.

Tags: Workshop 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal