collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
It's funny just how hard a man can fall, when he get to thinking one woman has got it all - Blind Arthur Blake, Chump Man Blues

Author Topic: Three Local Guys - Seattle  (Read 674 times)

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
Three Local Guys - Seattle
« on: October 22, 2011, 03:14:25 PM »
http://www.emptysea.com/2011/10/johnson-miller-dermody/

Received an e-mail, but didn't see anything here at WC.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 03:17:18 PM by Stuart »

Offline orvillej

• Bama-Lama Bama-Loo- Little Richard
    • orvillejohnson.com
Re: Three Local Guys - Seattle
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 04:14:04 PM »
Thanks. Any local weenies and blues fans come on out. It's a small venue (45 seats) so please grab advance tickets to assure your seats (and save a few bucks!)

Offline lindy

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 05:36:01 PM »

T?was a wonderful show, featuring a couple of tunes I associate with Orville (?Good Understanding? and ?Witching Hour?), and a moving song written by Grant titled ?I?d Do It All Again.? There were several gospel tunes (?I?m Gonna Sit at the Welcome Table,? ?I Shall Not Be Moved,? and Blind Willie Johnson?s ?Rain, Rain? ) and a couple of greatest hits from their first recording (?Stewball? and ?Depot Blues?). They ended with "Everybody Got to Change Sometime," with John doing some great bass lines on his guitar.

I won?t go into detail, you already know the level of musicianship from seeing them in person and from their first CD. Mostly I want to tell all Seattle-area Weenies to circle February 25, 2012 on your calendars for the release party for their new CD, titled (trust me) ?I Heard the Voice of A Porkchop Say.? They said it should be available 1-2 months before the show, which will be up on Phinney Ridge.

Lindy

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 05:45:33 PM »
Like Lindy said, it was a great show for sure. Here's the link to the Phinney Neighborhood Center:

http://www.phinneycenter.org/

And like Orville said, you don't have to wait until the CD release event to buy the CD.

One more thing: Mary Flower will be at the Empty Seas Studios on November 18:

http://www.emptysea.com/2011/11/mary-flower/
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 05:48:43 PM by Stuart »

Offline orvillej

• Bama-Lama Bama-Loo- Little Richard
    • orvillejohnson.com
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 09:24:25 AM »
Yes, we expect to have CDs during this month. They'd make a lovely Xmas present!  :)  John or I will let you know when they're in hand. Thanks for coming to the show fellas.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal