collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Oh man, I just wish you people had come along twenty years ago; I was in my prime then - Mance Lipscomb to Paul Oliver, Chris Strachwitz and Mack McCormick, 1960

Author Topic: Fundraiser for "The Louisiana Sessions" Grant Dermody's new CD.  (Read 517 times)

Offline gdermody

• Howdy!
Fundraiser for "The Louisiana Sessions" Grant Dermody's new CD.
« on: November 03, 2013, 11:59:15 AM »
 Hi Everyone,

I hope all is well with each and all of you!

I wanted to let you know that I have just launched a new fundraising campaign, through Indiegogo, for my newest recording project; The Louisiana Sessions. 

I start recording this January at Dirk Powell's studio in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana. Dirk will be wearing the engineer hat for the project as well as playing on all the songs and tunes.

Orville Johnson will also join us on every track. Cedric Watson will play fiddle on the Old Time and Cajun tunes and Rich Del Grosso will play mandolin on the Country Blues songs. Dirk and Orville and I will produce the record.

My last two CD's each took over two years to complete. Doing them that way, a song at a time, for a few hundred bucks, with some down time in between, was doable financially.

Since I am playing with four musicians this time, instead of twenty-five plus, I have to record the whole CD in two, three or four day sessions.

I am playing with the best musicians available to make the best record I can. To pay them what they are worth is expensive. They all need to be paid all at once, as does the engineer. Then there is travel and lodging, and all this adds up in a hurry. This is why I need your help.

I am ready to create new music that is strong and joyful and deep, but is not about illness.  I have written a bunch of new songs and tunes. It is time for me to make an excellent record with great players in the musical mecca of Louisiana.

Please contribute what you can at one of the links below. I also need you, please, to pass this information on to anyone and everyone you know who might be interested in helping. It takes a village, and not just the people in the village that I know!

igg.me/at/GrantDermody or

www.grantdermody.com

all the very best to you all and thank you!!!

Grant

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal