Country Blues > Country Blues Licks and Lessons

Miller's Breakdown

<< < (485/506) > >>

Johnm:
Hi all,
It's been a little while since we've had any new puzzlers, so for those who are interested, here are a couple. For these ones, we'll just be looking for the playing position/tuning. The first is from Eugene Powell, and it is his "Police in Mississippi Blues", elsewhere called ".44 Blues". Here it is:

What playing position/tuning did Eugene Powell use to play "Police In Mississippi Blues"?

The second song is also by Eugene Powell, and it is his "So Cold In China". Here it is:

What playing position/tuning did Eugene Powell use to play "So Cold In China"?

Please use only your ears and your guitars to arrive at your answers and please don't post any responses before 8:00 AM your time on Tuesday, December 13. Thanks for your participation and I hope that you enjoy the songs.

All best,
Johnm

banjochris:
Wow, he really sounds like Hacksaw Harney on that "So Cold in China" – both of those are great cuts, John, thanks for sharing!
Chris

lindy:

--- Quote from: banjochris on December 10, 2022, 05:02:36 PM ---Wow, he really sounds like Hacksaw Harney on that "So Cold in China" – both of those are great cuts, John, thanks for sharing!
Chris

--- End quote ---

I thought the same thing, Chris. I only discovered this evening that Powell and Harney were good buds:
https://melaniesaxtonmedia.com/hacksaw-harney/
Lindy

Johnm:
Hi all,
I've been trying to transcribe the lyrics for Sylvester Cotton's "Pay Day Blues", at https://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10188.msg113953#msg113953 in this thread, and would very much appreciate help with a couple of bent bracketed places. Thanks for any assistance.
All best,
Johnm 

Blues Vintage:
Man, that's tough, I got some suggestions for the third verse first,

3.1 Now, now, woman, now girl you made me work hard on --

3.3 Well if I

I'm kinda guessing at this point not really hearing,

For the first mystery line,   So we can be way out there, baby, the to see so far ?
Second one let a poor man have his way

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version