collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
...that's the biggest disaster, people goin' around goin': 'mah baby left me, mommma...' [laughter]. Hel-lo, y'know? It's like absolutely bizarre. Nobody cares whose voice you sing in as long as it yours - Jerry Ricks, Port Townsend 97

Author Topic: What tune is this?  (Read 1835 times)

si

What tune is this?
« on: July 17, 2005, 05:28:29 PM »
This is just one verse. It's in open D tuning. I have totally forgotten what its called and who originally recorded it. Am hoping someone will kindly jog my memory?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: What tune is this?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 06:05:33 PM »
I Will Turn Your Money Green -- Furry Lewis

si

Turn your money green
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 07:12:53 PM »
Thankyou. I had remembered this tune as being in open D. Now it appears that I was wrong as a quick search indicates that "Turn your money green" is usually in open G.
So now I'm going to retune to open G and play the same fingering but starting from the 5th thickest string instead of the 6th. That is great because I was trying to work out a bottleneck version and it was not easy in open D, hopefully will be easier now. :)

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 07:57:38 PM »
Hi Si, yes I think it is usually in Open G.  I learned it from John Miller in Open G... and know that Jerry Ricks also plays it in Open G -- and since both of them hung out with Furry, I figure they oughta know.

Cheers,

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 08:24:30 PM »
If I recall correctly, which may not be the case at all, Stefan Grossman teaches this adapted to open D on one of his videos. So perhaps that's where an open D version comes from.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 08:30:14 PM »
Maybe so.  I know that Steve Cheseborough played it in Open D - a very nice version.

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal