collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
...in a car wreck in a little town called Mound Bayou Miss. I was visiting my mother. I drove 700 miles from Chicago. I was okay but on the return I fell asleep at the wheel. I was playing again the next day though. I never gave up. It cut my arm clean off and left it in the highway. Then I walked 2.5 miles to a girlfriend and picked up my arm and brought it on to Clarksdale. When the ambulance men come with stretchers, I was in bed smoking, so I drove back in front with the guys. I was in hospital for three days only. For a while I still had pain at night. As you know, fever rises at night and that's how it was - Big John Wrencher on losing his arm

Author Topic: Lonesome and Sorry  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Montgomery

• Howdy!
Lonesome and Sorry
« on: July 20, 2004, 03:50:58 PM »
Uh, here's a very poor version of the very very very old song "Lonesome and Sorry."  The sloppiness is partially a result of my hard-to-play Oscar Schmidt Stella, and more likely a result of my incompetence.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: Lonesome and Sorry
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 05:46:20 PM »
Hey Monty!

That's some mighty fancy pickin' you got goin' there.  Not to worry, we take versions that haven't quite taken a shine.. (my mp3's are a testiment to this).  I appreciate you posting the tune!.. I am unfamiliar with it, you say it is very old, where does it come from?  Thanks!

cheers,
slack

Offline Montgomery

• Howdy!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 05:55:45 PM »
Thanks Slack.  I believe the song is from 1926, and was written by Benny Davis and Con Conrad.  Don't know much about it otherwise, I've heard a few versions of the song here and there, but don't know any definitive version. 

Offline frankie

• Old Refuge
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 08:16:03 PM »
Nice, Monty - sounds to me like the kind of tune Craig Ventresco likes to play.  Did you pick it up from the sheet music?

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 09:36:17 PM »
Hi Montgomery,
Thanks for posting the tune.  It was new to me as well.  I really like your tone production--sounds good!
All best,
Johnm

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 02:30:26 AM »
It was recorded by Lillie Delk Christian 1926 with Jimmy Noone clarinet and Johnny St Cyr on banjo.

She also recorded with Amstrong 1928ish but I don't recall having heard her, possibly with a name like that it woudd have stuck in one's mind!
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal