collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Policy Blues (courtesy of John Miller)  (Read 1497 times)

Duke

Policy Blues (courtesy of John Miller)
« on: May 13, 2005, 09:16:22 PM »
Here's my take on Bo Carter's Policy Blues, a song I learned from John Miller's Bo Carter taped lesson.  I think it is a very cool song that can settle into a nice groove as it goes along.  A little ragged on the take, but my fingers still seem to want to seize up when the red light is on.  You know how it goes?  You can play the bejeezus out of a tune sitting on the couch, but turn the recorder on and everything is a struggle.  I think that situation is improving as I start to record more, but it is still pretty frustrating.  Thanks for listening,  Dan

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline a2tom

• stickman's got 'em
Re: Policy Blues (courtesy of John Miller)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 06:48:41 AM »
I'd say that's a nice easy groove.  Very laid back.  Sounds great.  Thanks for posting it!

As for the red light, first off, I say you played that pretty smooth, but in general I'm a believer in the notion that if you can't record/perform it cleanly you probably didn't really know it as well as you thought you did.  At least I know I have a strong tendency to play things when I'm just messing around in bits and pieces. It is a different sort of thing  to play it all the way through, in time and all that!  Part of why I encourage EVERYONE to record themselves (and then post it).

Tom

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal