The Unwound Third > Other Musical Interests

Tau Moe - A Hawaiian Odyssey

(1/2) > >>

Marshcat:
Not really country blues, I know, but hey, the guy sure played some mean National guitar. There's a very interesting two-part series on the BBC World Service "Close Up" programme at the moment, about Tau's life and music. You can listen to it at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/programmes/close_up.shtml

This is Part 1. Part 2 is being broadcast next Friday, 3:30 BST (that's British Summer Time to you colonials!).

Enjoy and Aloha!,

Marshcat

dj:
Thanks for posting that.  I'm a big fan of Tau.  And Rose, too - what a great singer!  I had no idea they'd led such interesting lives, just assumed they'd lived and recorded in Hawaii for their whole careers.

uncle bud:

--- Quote from: Marshcat on October 06, 2006, 08:45:30 AM ---(that's British Summer Time to you colonials!).
--- End quote ---

The British have summer now? Damn global warming...

Marshcat:
Yeah, Uncle Bud, but it's only a couple of weeks before we slip back to GMT (Greenwich Downright Mean and Nasty Time) for the long, dark winter, when we coat ourselves with woad and have to chop up vintage Martins for firewood...

Marshcat

Parlor Picker:
... and melt down vintage Nationals and turn them into wood-burning stoves (Style 4 Tricones seem to work the best).

[The wooden body brigade strikes back!]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version