Country Blues > The Back Porch

Rising River Blues - slack mp3

(1/2) > >>

Slack:
Welp, just trying to be a sport and give Frank a little company.? This was recorded a little over a year ago - I think I play it a little better now, but not enough different to re-record.? :P
This mp3 sounds a little rushed to me (a constant battle of mine) - but not too bad.? I sure love this tune.

I will try to get something I'm currently working on down in the near future.

cheers,
slack

frankie:
It's pretty clear from your reading of the tune that you love this song.  Sounds to me like you have a lot of control over your speed - more than you give yourself credit for (that's for sure).  I'd be curious to hear how the accompaniment sounded with the guitar tuned about a whole step low - would that put it into a weird vocal space for you?

Slack:

--- Quote ---I'd be curious to hear how the accompaniment sounded with the guitar tuned about a whole step low - would that put it into a weird vocal space for you?

--- End quote ---

With a 5 note vocal range - I'm always into a weird vocal space.? :P

I'll give it a try.? My voice is pitched fairly low, but I often have problems pushing enough air in what would seem to be a more natural range.

cheers,
slack

frankie:

--- Quote from: Slack on April 05, 2004, 08:57:42 AM ---I'll give it a try.? My voice is pitched fairly low, but I often have problems pushing enough air in what would seem to be a more natural range.
--- End quote ---

I know exactly what you mean.? I have the same problem with Rolling Mill Blues, but haven't worked out a solution there, yet.

Richard:
Now I don't know whether you will take this as a compliment or not (!) but your voice reminds me of Jelly Rol Morton singing on the Library of Congress recordings, particularly Winin' Boy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version