Country Blues > Weenie Campbell Main Forum

New Orleans

<< < (2/3) > >>

frankie:
Man, Lindy...  you're making me feel either like I was there...  or I gotta get there right now!

Slack:
Great story Lindy, Hemmerling's art is very appealing!  You better buy some before he hits it big.

Did you go across Lake Pontchatrain on the causeway?  Remarkable lake and a fascinating area (if you can take the heat in the summer).  Have you tried the fried pickles yet?

cheers,
slack

lindy:

Thanks Frank, hope you make it to PT long before you visit Ponchatoula.

Slack, I haven't been on the Causeway yet, no special reason, I just find it easier to go around the lake when I head up to delta country.

And yep, I've had a plate of deep-fried pickles, and deep-fried gator, and deep-fried trout, and deep-fried catfish, and deep-fried hush puppies, and chicken-fried steak since I moved here.  The only deep-fried thing that I couldn't bring myself to try was the deep-fried Twinkies at the King Biscuit Fest in Helena, Ark. last year.  After taking them out of the frier, the "cook" puts them in a styrofoam bowl, covers them with sweetened condensed milk, sticks a spoon in 'em and says "Here you go, darlin', y'all enjoy."  Wasn't something I wanted to put on top of a great piece of barbecue.

Question for you.  I got the notion to learn "Change Your Ways" this week, and I took out the tape of Jerry Rick's 2000 class that you dubbed for me.  But when he starts talking about tuning, there's a lot of people noise on the tape, so I'm still unsure if he taught it in dropped D or open G.  I figured out part of the main lick in dropped D but in an E-position, which didn't make sense to me.  Do you remember what it was?

Thanks!
Lindy

Slack:

--- Quote from: lindy on April 07, 2004, 06:27:25 AM ---Slack, I haven't been on the Causeway yet, no special reason, I just find it easier to go around the lake when I head up to delta country.

--- End quote ---

It is not the most interesting drive, but the expanse of water is impressive.? There is suppsoed to be a good dive/restaurant on the other side on the right (whcih we never made it to).

--- Quote ---And yep, I've had a plate of deep-fried pickles, and deep-fried gator, and deep-fried trout, and deep-fried catfish, and deep-fried hush puppies, and chicken-fried steak since I moved here.? The only deep-fried thing that I couldn't bring myself to try was the deep-fried Twinkies at the King Biscuit Fest in Helena, Ark. last year.? After taking them out of the frier, the "cook" puts them in a styrofoam bowl, covers them with sweetened condensed milk, sticks a spoon in 'em and says "Here you go, darlin', y'all enjoy."? Wasn't something I wanted to put on top of a great piece of barbecue.

--- End quote ---

Ha!? No wonder the south leads the nation in overweight folks - amazing the stuff that they will deep fry.?

--- Quote ---Question for you.? I got the notion to learn "Change Your Ways" this week, and I took out the tape of Jerry Rick's 2000 class that you dubbed for me.? But when he starts talking about tuning, there's a lot of people noise on the tape, so I'm still unsure if he taught it in dropped D or open G.? I figured out part of the main lick in dropped D but in an E-position, which didn't make sense to me.? Do you remember what it was?

--- End quote ---

I think it was Open G - but I'll put a note in my pocket and check when I get home.
Amazing how noisy those classes can get.

cheers,
slack

Slack:
Lindy, still have the note in my pocket - had to go to a B-day party last night

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version