Country Blues > Saturday Night Fish Fry

A Country Blues Intensive--w/Michael Roach and John Miller, 10/18/17--10/22/17

(1/1)

Johnm:
Hi all,
I wanted to let you know that Centrum, the arts organization that sponsors the Port Townsend Acoustic Blues Workshop will be hosting a Country Blues Intensive featuring Michael Roach and me at Fort Worden in Port Townsend, WA from Wednesday, October 18, 2017 to Sunday, October 22, 2017.  Each of us will offer a morning and afternoon class session on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, followed by a team taught session to end classes for the day.  There will be special emphasis on singing, and working on singing while playing, as well as accompanying blues, building skills as a seconding guitarist and a host of other related skills.
Enrollment will be limited to 30 students.  Michael and I are excited at the prospect of doing this event together.  I've done intensives before, and in my experience they seem to lend themselves to people achieving rapid growth in a socially relaxed setting that gets you out of your day-to-day routines just long enough to be really refreshing.  To find out more about the event and register, go to:  http://centrum.org/country-blues-intensive/ .  Thanks, and I hope to see you there!
All best,
Johnm   

Johnm:
Hi all,
I wanted to bump this event because there is still space available (maximum enrollment of thirty students).  Focus at the event will be on building skills singing while playing, building skills in accompaniment and playing with others, building skills in hearing and learning by ear, and building arranging skills.  It's an opportunity to get deep into the music with kindred spirits interested in pursuing similar goals.  The relatively short schedule makes the expenditure of energy reasonable and practical, and has the additional benefit of only requiring one week-end's worth of travel, unlike week-long camps.  The camp will not operate at an unrealistically lofty level.  Michael and I are interested in having people get excited about the music and realize they can do it, not scaring them off or making everything seem unattainable.

For more information on the Intensive and to register, go to:  http://centrum.org/country-blues-intensive/ .  Don't get too hung up on the course offerings listed at the website.  I anticipate responding to peoples' wants and needs at the event.  Hope to see you there!

All best,
Johnm

Johnm:
Hi all,
I just wanted to remind folks about this event, and let you know that the last time I checked, over a week ago, there was still some space, though enrollment at that time was at over two thirds of the capacity.  Michael Roach and I are going to be getting into a number of topic areas that are not normally dealt with in Country Blues instruction at music camps, and I think it is going to be a really good time.  For more information, or to register, go to:  http://centrum.org/country-blues-intensive/ .  We hope to see you there.
All best,
Johnm 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version