collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
He would sit all night long feeling bad and just continue singing and playing, improvising one song after another, and tears would stream from his eyes. And he'd get other people crying. Then, sometimes, he would be on another kick, you know . . . love. He'd just love women. Listening to him he'd make you think you were, well . . . this can't be written down, but you know what I mean. That is, you couldn't understand what the hell he was singing, but you didn't have to - Blind Lemon Jefferson, remembered by Josh White

Author Topic: Status of Books for Release: McCormick, Obrecht, Wardlow?  (Read 6413 times)

Offline jostber

Re: Status of Books for Release: McCormick, Obrecht, Wardlow?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 09:50:28 AM »
But what about the books by Obrecht, Wardlow and Swinton?

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 11:54:13 AM »
But what about the books by Obrecht, Wardlow and Swinton?
Good question. I've known Paul for 35+ years and for the majority of that time he's been researching and writing a Blind Lemon Jefferson book. Grapevine chatter has from time to time suggested it was about to be published, then a few years of silence, followed by other reports of pending publication and.....nothing. 

VSOP

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 10:06:50 PM »
Judging by this recent article about Mack McCormick, I'd say you can forget about Biography of a Phantom.

http://www.houstonpress.com/2008-11-20/news/the-collector-the-hoodoo-curse/

The irony here is that the title 'Biography of a Phantom' may end up to be better suited to a book about McCormick.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal